Director of Strategic Planning
As a key member of the Merchandising team, this planning leader, original thinker and critical team member will develop, own and lead the creation and execution of inventory and demand plans that meet the financial goals and business objectives of Tecovas. This role is highly cross-functional and strategic in nature and will partner closely with Finance, Operations, Marketing, and Retail leadership. Ultimately, this planning leader is accountable for owning our overall investment in inventory by making sure our on-hand balances are healthy, by ensuring that our inventory is turning at the right pace, by planning SKU balance and velocity targets across all categories, and in the end, by delivering a healthy gross margin return on our inventory investment.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Leading the implementation of all planning, allocation, and inventory management policies, objectives, and initiatives across the Merchandising team
- Developing inventory plans that support the company’s sales, gross margin, working capital and operating objectives
- Owning the financial success of multiple product classifications by meeting sales, gross margin, GMROI, inventory turn, in-stock and inventory management goals for each category
- Reviewing and analyzing in-season product and demand performance to identify risks and opportunities relative to product, flow, sizing, depth, and assortment,and communicating those trends to the broader Merchandising team and cross-functional partners as to execute on performance results
- Developing a tiering strategy for all product categories that defines velocity performance and inventory balance standards for all SKUs including liquidation protocols
- Partnering with the CEO, VP of Marketing and the SVP of Merchandising on the development of the overall merchandising direction and the execution of the product strategy
- Participating in the seasonal, annual, and long-range strategic merchandising and financial planning for the company
- Driving the vision towards the automation and integration of core planning and performance tools across the Finance and Operations functions
- Leading the development of a planning team including recruiting and coaching to build a world-class planning function inside of Tecovas
You Will Be Successful If You:
- Thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, high-growth business environments
- Demonstrate an ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad, diverse group of cross-functional business partners
- Strive to make everyone on your team successful
- Communicate and collaborate with teammates to inspire cooperation and innovation
- Lead by example to encourage the professional and personal growth of all of those around you
- Are an original thinker and can offer fresh perspective to team-wide challenges
- Help recruit, interview, and build a team and a culture that makes Tecovas a great home for people who are passionate about product and building the greatest western lifestyle brand in the country
- Are positive, enthusiastic, and love winning
- Have 4-8 years of proven experience in retail planning, strategy consulting, high stakes inventory management, and/or corporate finance within a Tier 1 or A+ organization, consumer retailer or winning and innovative brand
- Have a 4-year college degree
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we’ve grown from under 10 to over 40 employees since 2017) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!