Director of Technical Support, North America at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You’ll do
The Cloudflare Director of Technical Support (North America) is responsible for delivering a world-class support experience to our customers. This role will report to the VP of Support and work closely with all members of Cloudflare's Support team. As an experienced support leader, you will set strategy, establish priorities, hire and mentor a group of top technical talent, and implement unparalleled support systems and processes to develop a world-class global support team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on customer support and service leader who can rapidly learn the Cloudflare value proposition and work with customers of all sizes to make them successful customers for life. In this role you will work with a broad spectrum of Cloudflare teams, from Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to Product and Engineering, to ensure a smooth customer experience and product support.
You will oversee 2 primary U.S. support offices - San Francisco and Austin - plus remote workers, providing strong leadership and a strategic vision to Support Managers, Team Leads and Engineers. With you in place, we are able to provide 24x7 Follow-the-Sun Support by coordinating with your counterparts in EMEA and APAC. You will recruit and train in the use of industry best practices, established methodologies and documented procedures, all to develop a superior team. As the manager, you will provide vision, leadership, and guidance to direct reports including coaching and mentoring to ensure an energized, motivating work environment.Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 10+ years experience managing on a global Technical Support team.
- 5+ years experience managing Support managers.
- Experience managing large enterprise technical support in a complex environment with SaaS web-based services and technologies.
- Exceptional at attracting, hiring, coaching and retaining experienced Premium Technical Support talent globally.
- Customer-first mindset and a positive “get it done” attitude are critical success factors for this role.
- Act as a liaison between Customers, Engineering, Customer Support and Sales on technical escalations affecting our customers.
- Proven ability to create and implement complex, cross-organization programs to drive efficient, innovative operations and contain expenses.
- Aptitude with reporting and analytics tools including Tableau and DataStudio is essential.
- Ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and winning support for initiatives.
- Experience in being a trusted and respected leader with a reputation for fairness, dependability and adherence to high ethical standards.
- Lead by example to cultivate and maintain a culture built on teamwork, collaboration, and customer focus.
- Manage to the company’s and department’s vision, goals, mission and values.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Defining, tracking and reporting on key performance indicators to determine support effectiveness and efficiency. Create and present key support metrics to share with the company and executive team, and highlight any points of concern or areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to resolve complex technical issues, document product bugs and influence our product roadmap.
- Experience with workforce management and scheduling software and process.
- Eﬀectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Experience in fostering broad usage of support forums and knowledge repositories.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.