BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, the fastest growing SaaS eCommerce platform in the world and a Best Place to Work in 2020, is seeking a Director, Technical Support for our 24X7 Contact Center. As the Director, Technical Support you will be responsible for managing operations for a 24x7, multi-channel support staff in a culture where exceptional service to our merchants is the paramount focus.
What you will do:
- Create strategy for, and manage the day-to-day operations of, a 24x7 multichannel contact center, with an emphasis on world class customer satisfaction, first contact resolution, and customer retention.
- Foster an environment of team-driven success through individual contribution and accountability while managing contractor teams and relationships as necessary.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Managers on the team via regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings and ongoing spot coaching, while acting as a point of escalation for high priority cases/customers, and strategic partnerships.
- Ensure clarity around priorities and goals for all teams within scope; create or modify policies and procedures as necessary.
- Regularly gather and present data as it pertains to the health of the organization and speak to any improvements or changes necessary, as well as utilizing this data to drive change as needed within Product roadmap, Engineering sprints, Corporate NPS programs, etc.
- Set direction for the Workforce Management team and ensure execution of attendance policies and optimized 24x7 scheduling.
- Act as a key stakeholder in maintaining documentation on system and operations processes, policies, application configuration, and help materials.
- Develop and evolve hiring, training, and employee reward and development strategies with an emphasis on employee retention and career growth while meeting or beating operational budget targets.
- Make strategic decisions that benefit the team and the broader organization, and develop operational plans to properly execute on strategic initiatives with cross-functional teams.
- Working with the VP, Customer Success Services and executive stakeholders as needed, develop and maintain strategic contact center technology roadmap for the operations of the contact center, with an eye towards increased efficiencies and gross margin.
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 years experience leading technical support / customer success teams in a 24x7 environment
- Thorough understanding of and belief in the intrinsic value of providing exceptional customer service and the impact that has on conversion, retention, and driving ARPU, CSAT and NPS scores.
- Proficiency with contact center technologies (Five9, ACD, Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, Workforce management tools), with experience managing phone, ticket, and chat queues and developing operations reports and analyses.
- Able to personally handle escalated client calls, complex tickets, and/or chats when situations dictate that you get involved in resolving issues.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and ability to drive consensus with key business partners: WFM, Self Service, People People, Sales, Learning & Development, PMO, engineering/product teams.
- Strong behavioral coaching style with emphasis on time management, personal accountability, and objective-based career growth with an ability to motivate teams and individuals.
- Background with Operational Excellence best practices, with Six Sigma or similar certification, preferred
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.