eCommerce Software Support Engineer at Adobe
At Adobe, we’re changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day—and we’re the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We’re a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that’s why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you’re passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/Position Summary:
Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, fixing, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.What you will do:
Magento is looking for an eCommerce Software Support Engineer who has experience with an eCommerce Platform. The primary responsibility of this role is to work closely with Magento SI Developers to do deep dive technical investigations of issues reported and bring about timely resolutions pertaining to our Magento eCommerce software platform. You will address incidents within predetermined service levels, requiring the ability to multi-task and prioritize. In addition, you will carry out projects as assigned and work multi-functionally with other departments improving our product offering.What you will need:
- 5 - 7 years of experience in an enterprise environment
- You have a deep understanding of complete, modern hosting stacks including:
- Understanding of web technologies; Apache, NGINX, Redis, Memcached
- Knowing where most bottlenecks occur and reasons why they occur
- The relationship between the technologies (i.e. that a Redis error may not mean a problem with Redis)
- Can analyze/seek issues via logs and other sources of information to provide infrastructure and application teams a good starting point for deep reviews
- Experienced with using New Relic (to provide feedback to clients on areas of concern or address questions stemming from client interaction with New Relic)
- Relational database skills: Familiarity with MySQL and database queries (i.e. ability to assess issues with client queries such as too many, too inefficient or find basic problems with data integrity)
- Know various kinds of programming/scripting: PHP, Node.js, Perl, Java and Python applications
- Experienced with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure (so that you can address basic client questions of about what they can and can’t do on these services)
- Ability to use Git
- Understanding of SSL certificates and encryption
- Experience or familiarity with CDNs
- Knowledge of DNS
- Proficient with technical problem-solving methodologies
- Ability to adapt and change in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical details to all audiences
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Available for on-call rotation, work off hours, holiday and weekend hours as required
- Knowledge of Magento eCommerce, or any other eCommerce Platforms (Support, Site Development or QA role)
- Familiarity with using a ticketing and tech support platforms such as Zendesk, Freshdesk and Salesforce
- Any level of software QA experience or exposure
- Effectively and competently fix application and infrastructure issues
- Collaborate across teams to identify root cause for technical issues
- Collaborate and work alongside core engineering teams daily
- Think in an unexpected way and be creative in coming up with resolutions
- Own and drive technical issues through to resolution
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.