BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX, is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect. The Enterprise Solutions Architect specializes in evaluating business requirements and turning them into solutions or products and also has equally impressive people and technical skills. This is a person who thrives at solving problems and has an insatiable urge to learn. Well respected by technical and non-technical individuals, this person is an influential leader, coach, manager and engineer and will rely on strong consultative skills to help our Enterprise customers during onboarding and throughout the customer lifecycle.
What You Will Do
- Serve in the role of product subject matter expert to assist the Customer Success Management team by providing technical expertise, assistance with troubleshooting issues, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Perform analysis and provide systems architecture solutions and leveraging new, existing, and emerging services, technologies, and platforms in a services and sales-oriented environment.
- Identify and translate customer needs into a clear set of requirements for downstream feasibility and estimation.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers and customers to drive solution estimates, develop overall implementation plan, and serve as a technical expert to implement solutions.
- Provide expert-level support for cloud and hybrid cloud use cases.
- Organize additional technical resources within the organization to address client needs when necessary.
- Provide technical advice regarding architectural questions, solution deployment prerequisites and features to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Understand how to conduct requirements, design, implementation, and operations phases of a project.
- Perform POC on new use cases to propose and design solutions as per business-technical needs.
- Design, develop, and deliver project engagements (complete lifecycle).
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities.
- Provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available product offerings.
- You will assist the Customer Success team in a pre/post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and escalation management.
- Developing technical and architectural roadmaps and using them to proactively drive new technology adoption.
- Provide mentorship, training and supervise developers.
- Work with Global teams as required.
- A hands-on analyst, technologist, and architect who has deep experience developing and delivering enterprise solutions on cloud platforms. The architect will have responsibility to develop an overall architecture for the solution; for ensuring the completeness of the architecture, in terms of adequately addressing all the stakeholders needs.
- Work with customers to understand their business objectives and functional requirements and lead the technical efforts to ensure the successful implementation of those requirements to achieve stated business objectives.
- Analyze current trends in the ecommerce industry and the technology architecture field and provide recommendations and training.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) or equivalent required.
- 4+ years of software development experience or technical support experience.
- 7+ years of experience in architecting and implementing integration solutions around key technologies.
- 3+ years experience successfully leading and executing SaaS implementation projects from pre-sales to customer success including solution scoping and gap analysis, enterprise cloud systems integration, data migration, customer launch, and technical operations and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years management experience is preferred.
- Expertise in architecting commercial-scale cloud systems leveraging IaaS, PaaS or SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of various database architectures (RDBMS, NoSQL, Document database, etc.)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, SOA/Web Services, ecommerce, content management systems, internet security standards, and fraud prevention.
- Strong understanding of other services and services providers in the following Cloud service layers: IaaS (AWS, Google, etc.), Saas (Salesforce, SuccessFactors, etc.), Paas (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google App Engine).
- Advanced understanding and experience integrating with and designing for SaaS providers.
- Strong skill set in the implementation of security standards in code such as OAuth, SAML, and other Tokenization and authentication methods and systems; understanding of security, SSO and federation technologies as applied cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Office Suite, Lucid Charts, Salesforce, and Project Management software.
- Periodic travel will likely be required.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and writing with experience producing requirements and design documentation to be leveraged as inputs to design/development and SOWs.