Employee Engagement Associate at Shipwell
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
This is an opportunity to join a growing People Operations team and develop your career along the way. We are looking for someone in the Austin area who has a passion for people and helping them succeed. This role can be 80% remote, but there will be a need from time to time to go into our Austin office to complete some parts of the jobs (1-3 days a month). For somebody hungry and eager to learn more and grow their career in the People Operations function this is a great place to gain that experience. We are growing rapidly and therefore constantly rolling out new processes and creating new things for our organization to continue to work, learn and grow to the best of their ability.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Conduct new hire onboarding and orientation (twice a month). You will be the first face and interaction our new hires will have with Shipwell. Are you energetic and able to clearly communicate with new employees...helping guide them through their first week with the company! This includes:
- Being able to communicate and set expectations with new hires prior to their start about the onboarding process.
- Ship equipment and set up calendar invites for new hire’s first week.
- Facilitate remote onboarding sessions via zoom ensuring all new hires have received into their computers, email setup, and other company accesses.
- Be able to communicate & handle various new hire set up needs.
- Maintaining required new hire documentation in our HRIS platform (Bamboo) by auditing and effectively communicating with employees.
- Own equipment inventory, shipping new hire equipment and sending pre-paid FedEx slips to any employee returning equipment. Track all assets coming in and out.
- Employee appreciation and recognition. Celebrate company anniversaries, birthdays, company wins!!! Be creative in building a culture of recognition.
- Handle the offboarding process including conducting exit interviews, communication on final pay, return of equipment, vested equity, Cobra, and other pertinent information.
- Do you love building company culture? This role will help setup monthly virtual company wide team building events.
- Conduct engagement and pulse surveys. Analyze the results/feedback and find ways to improve company culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a Human Resources related position
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction to Shipwell employees
- Is able to work with confidential information and keep it confidential!
- Enjoys building relationships
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail, thrives when putting plans together
- Can work independently and is resourceful in completing new projects with limited guidance
What is Preferred:
- Experience creating and presenting orientation and training programs
- HRIS experience
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Understands and can utilize GSuite docs
- Startup experience
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.