Enterprise Support Manager at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.Amherst is hiring for an experienced Enterprise Support Manager for its corporate office in Austin, TX. We desire someone that can think strategically but LOVES the day to day hands on technical aspects of supporting local and remote employees. The Enterprise Support Manager will be responsible for managing a geographically disperse and growing support team providing technical customer support to all corporate systems and applications. We are experiencing tremendous growth and seek to hire individuals that work well in hyper fast-paced, ever-changing dynamic work environments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead all aspects of helpdesk operations that support the corporate and remote offices
- Oversee and lead all aspects of application support for third-party and internally developed applications
- Oversee facility support, including conference rooms and meeting spaces, IT coordination of live events, coordinating with on-site vendors, etc.
- Act as an escalation point for all customer and critical priority issues
- Monitor helpdesk tickets to ensure that the tickets are being handled in a timely manner escalating to system engineering, network engineering, and security as needed.
- Develop, measure, and report on key performance indicators, ensure adherence to agreed-on service level agreements, and make recommendations for improvements
- Create, maintain, and enforce necessary and required documentation (policies, procedures, and standards) that outline how problems are identified, assigned, and corrected
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts
- Oversee IT onboarding activities for all new corporate and remote employees/contingent workers
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing systems and processes
- Lead the team to maintain and build online documentation for internal use as well as user use
- Provide guidance in goal setting, performance reviews, coaching and mentoring, and team member development
- Work closely with procurement to ensure that appropriate levels of spare equipment and supplies are always maintained
- Participate in audit activities as it relates to file and application access
- Grow the team as the company expands
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of proven hands-on IT helpdesk experience supporting local and remote offices
- 2+ years of IT management experience
- Experience with Windows 10 desktops and laptop technical support
- A foundational understanding of information security principles and how they apply to IT operations, including the secure configuration of general-purpose environments and operation of security appliances
- Experience working in environments compliant with regulatory and best practice compliance frameworks (such as ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 2, PCI DSS, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory Services, Exchange, etc.
- Working knowledge of user device and enterprise mobility management (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)
- Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills, oral and written communications skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Willingness to work flexible/odd hours at times, based on needs
- JIRA administration and workflow configuration experience is a plus
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. for equipment installation
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.