Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love being the driver in assessing crucial customer challenges and themes, taking ownership to educate and influence internal and external teams, and lead towards resolution and thrilled customers? If so, then we have been looking for you!
We view our Escalation Manager role as a critical customer champion within our team. Internally, we need someone to work with our Support Leadership, Product Management, and Development teams to ensure that our customer voice is heard. Externally, this role will work with key strategic customers and partner experts, to coordinate and drive the resolution of critical issues.
Transparency in line with our Values (Open Company, No BS) is key and is achieved by providing timely and accurate updates to customers and Atlassian leadership regarding active critical issues, as well as meaningful details on the status of the customer relationship with senior management.
Key Functions of this Opportunity Include:
- Orchestrate Customer Teamwork
- By leading communication efforts on high-impact customer issues and concerns. Prioritize, coordinate and spark follow-up actions within the Atlassian team. Demonstrate ownership through regular meeting cadence & communications with internal and customer contacts, handling customer expectations on status and timelines.
- Make a difference
- By educating our organization by sharing customer feedback and trends. Promote collaboration across our Support, Product and Engineering teams to achieve real outcomes! Emphasize the priority and urgency of issues into the product teams for key fixes. Promote the right outcome through resolving our customer's critical situations via effective partnership within all facets of Atlassian and elsewhere as the need arises. Develop and maintain a prioritized Issue List and Action Plan to handle concerns and drive resolution across multiple teams, including executive engagement as required. Share insight and reporting on all blocking issues, evaluating escalation performance metrics. Educate and promote standard methodologies for demonstrating Enterprise Support with customers and Partners. Help shape and improve our support services and product capabilities.
- Communicate at the right level
- By owning the responsibility for messaging, follow-up, and outcomes to our biggest influencers within Atlassian. Assess & evaluate how critical a situation is, seek to understand business impacts of critical problems, and report back on the current status of those issues. Develop and communicate periodic reports on status of escalations and next steps.
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- Empathy for our customers demonstrated through years of strong communication skills development
- Understand when, how, and most importantly why, when setting expectations with our customers and team
- Kindness and integrity towards your peers, with a passion and proven history of learning and sharing knowledge
- Deep curiosity and commitment to seek out and resolve problems, share root cause analysis to our customers and Atlassians and strategize on preventing similar problems in the future
- 6+ years of experience in forward facing support, software services, and/or system administration roles where customer effort and satisfaction are a priority
- 3+ years handling Enterprise level escalations
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Deep familiarity with various technologies such as Microservices, Databases, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3), and the ability to work with observability data inside platforms such as Splunk & SignalFX
It's excellent, but not required, if you have experience working with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.