Events Coordinator, Amherst
Amherst is growing its Events group and seeking a dedicated, passionate Coordinator to execute Events internally and externally while representing the Amherst brand. This role requires a proactive, can-do attitude and an extremely high level of attention to detail and organization. It mandates the ability to maintain a high degree of detail across multiple ongoing projects and a flexible work schedule to accommodate the timing and execution of all internal and external events. The Events Coordinator’s primary function is to coordinate critical event logistics across internal and external events on behalf of Amherst by managing invites and guest lists, vendors, contract negotiations and invoicing, catering selection, branding, etc.
In this role you will work with key individuals across the entire Amherst portfolio, manage vendor relationships, and create incredible experiences for internal and external stakeholders. This role reports into the Events Manager at Amherst.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality events whether it is Amherst led or Amherst activations at an industry/third-party events
- Engage and manage appropriate vendors and services for conferences and events
- Support the Events Manager by blocking and tackling on day-to-day event execution and bringing the Amherst event vision to life
- Ownership of post-event reporting
- Assisting the execution of all internal events ranging from team events to corporate functions to investor lunches and tours
- Create and maintain detail-oriented project plans for each event
- Function as a collaborative vendor to different products and functions within Amherst to support their events needs
- Create best-in-class internal events that surprise and delight our employees and our investors/clients/partners
- Work with other office staff to manage and execute internal events from client/investor lunches to team offsites to company holiday parties to recruiting events.
- Ensure that all events meet Amherst brand standards
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to ensure that we:
- Attract audiences to event activations via direct and indirect outreach (including event registration, invitations, RSVP management)
- Input all external event attendees into CRM to capture and nurture leads
- Ensure appropriate premium giveaways are at events and are stocked throughout the year
- Follow budgets for external events
- Communicate internally and cross-functionally to build invitation lists for different functions
- Proven track record / demonstrable experience of managing events from conception to completion
- Experience of developing and managing external partnerships with service providers in the delivery of events / projects
- Strong business acumen, exceptional problem solving capabilities, creative thinker
- Adaptability and creativity
- Responsible, professional ability to perform well under pressure and tight deadlines, results-oriented and works with sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organizational & project management skills, great attention to detail
- Ability to create a Gantt chart
- Great team player
- BS / BA degree is required, preferably in hospitality management, PR, marketing, business or related field
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!