EVENTS OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (CONTRACT)
Reporting to the Senior Event Manager, the Event Operations Coordinator is initial point of contact for the Events Services team. Bring your enthusiasm, fresh ideas and impeccable organizational skills to an amazing culture and help us not leave anything about an event to chance. We are in need of an independent, organized, self-starter with a Marketing background to join our team in support of various functions. Experience in logistics, hospitality and/or event management required. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent real-world experience required.
- Assess each service request received, creates tasks, and triages task to appropriate people via Events Services tool.
- Create PowerPoint presentations; write copy, select photography & video assets
- Collaborate with technical team leads in staffing support for events and manages all entries and updates on the technicians' calendars. Oversee all event equipment inventory and deployment for events
- Maintains departmental workflow procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Research venues, vendors and 3rd party sponsorships for event opportunities
- Populates all newly created events on the shared Events calendar in Outlook, iCal and other cloud-based calendaring apps.
- Ensure proper formatting of trade show lead data for importation into CRM system and communicate timing for sales force follow up.
- Handle marketing department expense reports, i.e. track expenses, etc.
- Manage all invoice & PO processing to ensure vendors are paid in a timely fashion, i.e. raising POs, tracking costs for projects, setting up vendors, making sure POs paid in timely manner
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years experience in an administrative/operations role
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up, budgeting, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and deadlines
- Ability to receive feedback and engage in continuous self-improvement
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong ability to juggle multiple projects and events
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills