Evidence Intake Specialist
DISCO was initially developed at a litigation boutique in Houston. It was born out of the firm’s frustration with conventional eDiscovery tools that were slow and difficult for lawyers to use. Instead of being forced to adapt our work methods to technology, we wanted to invent technology that works the way lawyers work. DISCO was the result, and today we are the fastest-growing eDiscovery solution in North America.
As the leading provider of software as a service solution developed by lawyers for lawyers, DISCO is reinventing legal technology to automate and simplify complex and error-prone tasks that distract from practicing law. DISCO has been embraced by more than 400 law firms, including 75 of the top AmLaw 200, as their first choice for innovative technologies that enhance the practice of law to help secure justice and win cases.
Who You Are
- Knowledge of file systems, encryption tools, compression methods, and data transfer protocols
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under very tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with the initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills
- BS in Digital Forensics, Technology or Business fields; or 2 years of eDiscovery data processing or forensics experience in lieu of degree
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of incoming forensic data either via physical media or through Disco High-Speed Uploader
- Run directory reports on all incoming data and custom scripts to copy and stage data for processing
- Identify and troubleshoot issues encountered while working with data, and escalate to senior team members and \ or management
- Assist in managing the media lab to ensure that media is logged and stored properly while maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of client data in accordance with Disco procedures
- Manage the media lab inventory by ordering and stocking hard drive supplies as needed
- Provide daily activity report listing all media lab activities
- Candidates must be able to work the following shift:
- Tues - Fri: 2 PM - 10 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM - 4 PM
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legaltech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.