Executive Assistant to the CEO
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant to the CEO
ScaleFactor needs an experienced EA to support our founder and CEO, Kurt Rathmann. Certified badasses only!
My name is Kurt, I am the Founder and CEO of ScaleFactor. I am seeking an exceptional executive assistant looking for the next chapter in their career. I am looking for someone who can amplify me in my role as CEO. ScaleFactor is working to pioneer change in our industry and I am very dedicated to our team, customers, and investors. This role exists to expand my impact and focus in all areas of the business and communities in which we operate. We are entering the next phase as a company and everything is bigger and more complicated. I’ll need you to operate as my strategic partner as we navigate this growth. ScaleFactor is a high-growth organization bringing a new-age, IT-driven approach to accounting and finance arenas.
I’m seeking an emotionally intelligent, highly energetic, positive individual who loves life and is just as excited to take on the world as I am. If you leap out of your bed every morning doing cartwheels, consider yourself as tenacious, unflappable, and motivated with a sheer grit to be at the top of your game, you may be the right fit. If this sounds like it might be for you, please keep reading.
Here are 15 core characteristics that describe the exceptional person I am looking for. You must resonate strongly with each characteristic to be a successful match.
- You absolutely love what you do!
- This is the foundation for everything else. Whether the task is big or small, you achieve your goals by helping me achieve mine. You love being an EA and supporting CEO’s & Founders to be the best they can be--while also recognizing they are always busy, bad at communicating and won’t always give much direction.
- You have a personalized expertise
- You need to become my second brain and have a memory like an elephant and can anticipate my needs. You know what I like and what I don’t. You know where I am and where I need to be. You can remember the person I met with 6 months ago, and who introduced us. You know when to not schedule meetings and where you can maximize efficiency and my headspace. You are always learning to make me better.
- You master the calendar
- The calendar is the flight plan, and you keep all of the moving parts (deadlines, appointments, meetings, presentations, calls) from crashing into each other. You are focused on maximizing my output by mastery of the schedule & calendar.
- You anticipate my needs
- You see in advance what I need and plan accordingly. This could be lunch before a meeting, client emails, etc. Anyone can take a direction, but as a badass, you are already moving the way I want to go.
- You prioritize the personal
- I need you to be the air-traffic controller for my whole life. Protecting my personal time lets me maximize my professional time. You have to help me guard that time and push for a well-executed integration of work and life
- You feel empowered to push back
- You keep me from burying myself. At any given moment, you know my full range of commitments, obligations, and initiatives, and you will push back when I start to get overcommitted - even if I try to argue otherwise
- You create and master systems
- Effective performance depends on set preferences and procedures. Know what works best with me and document and systematize these things so we aren’t always reinventing the wheel
- You know what’s on my plate
- You know everything that I am dealing with and what’s critical to my success. You keep me focused on the high-leverage activities and decline or delegate the rest. Maximizing headspace and execution is one of your most important roles
- You respect confidentiality
- You will have access to all sorts of information, business and my personal. Your integrity and sense of discretion are critical. I am a private person and want to remain this way
- You are a loyal human
- Loyalty is of utmost importance to me. I invest time to create relationships that last a lifetime. You must naturally be someone who places the highest value on relationships and connections you create. It is important that we both look through this same lens
- You have impeccable communication skills
- I don’t just mean you can carry on a conversation. You help facilitate communication in my life (in a professional manner), accelerate response times, and keep messages moving
- You know when to lead vs follow
- You have an innate sense of knowing when you need to take control and when you need to follow another's lead. You foster delegation of tasks and expectations through cycles of growth. You aren’t afraid to tell me when I’m the bottleneck
- You resonate and know how to enable & support a Commander personality type where they are weak
- You have supreme travel smarts
- You are an expert traveler or at least know what one needs to be an expert traveler. You can handle my ever-changing schedule and desire to find awesome local experiences wherever I go (Airbnb, Yoga, Restaurants)
- You are tough!
- You aren’t easily fazed and remain calm in all types of chaos. You are always looking forward to the next iteration and opportunity to improve
- Bachelor’s degree, business major preferred
- 3+ years experience in executive assistance to a CEO or Founder
- Technological optimist; troubleshooting pro
- Exceptional resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced Gmail/G-Calendar/Asana skills
- Stand out in the crowd for your ability to be the best at what you do
- Detaile oriented and an expert common sense navigator of the world
- Incredible level of attention to detail and a member of the grammar police
- Awesome juggler of tasks and changing priorities
- Enjoy working really hard and fully immersing yourself in your craft
- Naturally get anxious when there is no internet connection
- Understanding work hard, play hard and have the wisdom to know how to enable all areas of life
- Looking for a long term role and ultimately desire to work together for many years
- A strong desire to support a millennial CEO who rarely turns off
- Your cover letter should tell me why you are such a badass, explain your ideal situation, and how your unique skill set will become essential to my success
- Submit a one-page resume and prove you are the expert co-pilot I am looking for
- Provide two professional references. At a later stage in the interview process, we will certainly want to talk to people that know you well. Please provide people relevant to this role