Executive Assistant to CTO at Atlassian
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we're advancing the power of collaboration. Driven by transparent values, an outstanding culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team.
Join us! We are searching for an Executive Assistant to join our Leadership Operations team and support the CTO.
About the Leadership Operations team:
A global team of 50 Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants, Leadership Operations sits within Atlassian's Operations org with the mission to unify and accelerate company-wide transformations, raise the bar on operational excellence and supercharge Atlassian's ability to get the right work done and multiply the impact. As Leadership Ops we actively seek out opportunities to increase the effectiveness of our leaders across Atlassian . We need you to help us on this mission!
This role is for you if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, anticipate issues before they arise and build relationships effortlessly - particularly in a remote world. You can work at speed and navigate a multitude of technical systems that make work more efficient. You think that no task is too small and are willing to provide support where needed in order to assist your team members.
We recognize the multiplier effect of Executive Assistants and the value you can bring to leaders so we encourage you to actively look for opportunities to do more. We pride ourselves on teamwork, operating with a high level of integrity and confidentiality as we work collaboratively across the business. We combine curiosity, discernment, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause. We capture, author, and interpret business requirements, and resolve potential requirement conflicts among senior partners with patience and clarity.
Our role is right for you if you're methodical, calm under pressure, able to prioritize conflicting demands and you develop effective relationships not only with senior leaders, but also with the teams they work with. You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both.
In this role, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being a key liaison between your leaders and the team
- Helping your leaders run their time in an effective way
- Participating in meetings, taking notes and following up on action items
- Event management - offsites, celebrations, speaking engagements
- Developing presentations as needed
- Ad hoc projects - including unleashing the potential of the Leadership Ops Team and helping build our craft
- Calendar & email management
- Travel arrangements
- Reconciling of monthly expenses & general administration
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in an Executive Assistant role
- History of working and coordinating with senior leadership
- Crisp communication and interpersonal skills
- Management and protection of confidential information
- Proven organisational skills and capability with business management and reporting
- Experience planning events and meetings at scale
- Proven experience managing multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure
- A solutions focused approach and the ability to make sound decisions by applying experience and judgement
- A high degree of self-awareness, with a continuous improvement and growth mentality
- A sound sense of TEAM - with the leadership team, broader cross- functional teams and the Atlassian Leadership Ops community
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and systems
- Proficiency in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .