Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Skills Fund is on a mission to transform student lives and careers by providing access to tech bootcamps and skills training programs. We partner with schools that meet our high-quality standards and offer simple, transparent tuition financing to their students. With our school partners, we’ve helped more than 10,000 students access life-changing programs and raised the bar for education quality and outcomes.
We are looking for someone passionate about changing education. We believe schools should be in the business of creating growth and opportunity for students, which is why we only partner with schools that put a priority on Return on Education (ROE).
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting directly to the CEO, the primary duties of this position will include:
- Executive Assistant
- Field day-to-day requests of CEO including scheduling, calendar management, expense reports, executive recruiting, and ad hoc needs.
- Internal and external stake-holders communications.
- Produce monthly school performance reports.
- Cross-functional project management of internal company initiatives.
- Manage company-wide rhythms of communication including scheduling and execution of items such as team meetings; Lunch-n-Learns; goal planning cadences.
- Drive special projects as they arise.
- Office manager:
- Order office supplies and kitchen supplies
- Ensure a collaborative, productive, fun, and tidy work environment by managing company spaces and acting as the company point of contact with our building
- Vendor management with all are systems and tools (i.e. copier, internet, software systems, parking, etc)
- Serve as Austin location point of contact for parent company IT dept and maintain location IT systems and needs including video conferencing
- Ad hoc needs
- Team Development:
- Maintain job postings and recruitment pipeline across platforms
- Onboarding of new hires including systems set up, paperwork, company-wide onboarding sessions, internal communication with team leads
- Austin location point of contact for parent company HR Dept to help implement and execute company-wide HR initiatives
- Plan and execute team activities, including offsites and social events
What does it take to succeed?
- Charm: Capable of enrapturing and inspiring coworkers, senior execs, school officials, parent company pooh-bahs, llamas, ocelots, infants, restaurant managers, and parking lot attendants.
- Attitude: Positive, tenacious, curious, fun, inviting, warm. No BS. Zero office politics.
- Qualities: MUST. LOVE. PRESSURE. Exquisite ability to shift and focus.
- Skills: Email badass and calendaring aficionado. Typo slayer. Judo travel planner. Productivity tools virtuoso. Research sleuth capable of finding the personal email for the president of Bangladesh, the five best places for a dinner party in Riyadh, or a 1957 book on human dignity. Juggler: fun if you can do it with bowling pins but more important you can plan an event concurrently keeping all other balls in the air.
- Disorders: Must love details so much you verge on OCD. Arachnophobia acceptable, but less advantageous.
- Trust: You are a lockbox. Click.
- Fun: Must know it, have it, and be able to inspire it.
- Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
How do you apply?
Not every company is a great fit for every person; before applying, please visit https://skills.fund/careers and read the Skills Code.
In your cover email, please include a succinct explanation as to why you want to join the team at Skills Fund separate from the specific position. Please send your resume and cover email to [email protected]
In your brief explanation, please also include responses to the following questions:
1. Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Skills Fund? Yes/No
2. Will you now or in the future require Skills Fund to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status. Yes/No