Are you driven to succeed by exceeding expectations? Do you have a passion for details and creating results from ambiguity? Do you thrive on supporting C - Level executives and their initiatives in a fast paced environment?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an organized self-starter to add value and make a positive impact in the role of Executive Assistant. This fast-paced position will play a key role in providing significant support for top executive leadership at Vrbo. This person will also provide supplemental assistance to the Administrative/EA team in our growing Austin offices.
The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to our C-team and their management teams. Specifically this person will be supporting one to two of our executive leaders and management teams, focusing on specific segments of our organization. This support requires managing multiple calendars, complex travel itineraries (including international), end-to-end meeting coordination, and special events. The role will liaise with external parties including the Board of Directors, outside executives, vendors, and other Executive Assistants. Such support will require a high-level of discretion and will impact significant matters for the executives and Vrbo’s business.
The position requires strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to details, as well as the ability to see all of the pieces of the puzzle in order to avoid possible complications. Project coordination experience, well-developed computer and internet research skills, and the aptitude to prioritize work-flow with limited supervision are essential. Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff are also required. Professionalism is essential across all levels of communication. This person will also help with coordination of executive business meetings and other types of events. There will be a wide range of other administrative tasks and ad hoc projects significant to the business, such as special projects for the executives and coordination of special events.
What you’ll do:
- Comprehensive support of one to two C - Level Executives and their organizations
- Calendar management for one to two C - Level Executives
- Domestic and international travel planning and coordination for one to two C - Level Executives and their senior leadership
- Meeting or event coordination for Executives and their management teams with internal and external stakeholders, including on and offsite meetings, team and networking events
- Managing special high level -projects for C - Level Executives including day to day management of high level business initiatives, requiring a strong understanding of the business and executive team’s agenda
Who You Are:
- 5-7 Experience as an Executive Assistant and/or in event management
- 5-7 years experience with project coordination
- 5-7 years experience scheduling and coordinating international travel
- 5-7 years experience supporting the execution of high level business initiatives including assigning tasks and priorities, writing agendas, coordinating executives lunches with groups and M&A
- Strong proficiency in MS Office programs
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.