Executive Assistant – Austin, TX
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm that has made a significant investment into the single-family rental sector. Established in 2012, Amherst Residential division has raised more than $4b of equity in various ownership vehicles that currently own and operate ~20,000 homes in 28 different markets across the United States.
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is looking for an Executive Assistant to join our fast-paced team in Austin, TX. The Executive/Administrative Assistant provides executive-level support to leadership within Technology and Accounting. This Executive Assistant should have experience supporting C-Level Executives, be technically savvy, and possess a strong track record of success. This role requires advanced administrative, organizational and communication skills. The EA must be highly professional, polished, energetic, and have a positive attitude as they provide assistance to senior executives and ensure a welcoming office for our employees and visitors.
- Serve as the gatekeeper to your assigned executives – answer phones professionally, screen calls, address issues and redirect calls as needed
- Manage and maintain complex calendars in Outlook – schedule internal/external meetings, appointments, conference calls, and special events - enter details and gather materials for upcoming meetings
- Coordinate itineraries and travel arrangements (air/ground travel, accommodations, etc.)
- Maintain and facilitate communication with senior firm leaders and external clients, which often requires a significant amount of explanation, clarification, and diplomacy
- Maintain confidentiality and exercising impeccable discretion
- Manage, track and report on the status of projects as assigned
- Prepare and edit a variety of correspondences, reports, and presentations for both internal and external audiences
- Prepare and submit expense reports and ensure submission in a timely fashion (Concur experience a plus)
- Greet and escort visitors, candidates and new hires, providing office tours when needed
- Ability to perform during normal business hours in addition to supporting after hours as needed
- Liaise with facilities team to coordinate support at our WeWork location, including assistance with office social events
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience in similar executive/administrative assistant roles with C-Level support experience; preferably within a financial services firm or similar environment
- Positive and proactive multitasker with a strong sense of urgency and a “get things done” attitude
- Business savvy with a consultative approach and the ability to extract the information needed to successfully meet expectations
- Tech-savvy with familiarity with administrative software tools and the ability to quickly learn and use new systems
- Exceptional attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential material and information
- Be flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity, able to make the right decision and execute on tasks in a timely fashion
- Technically strong with advanced Microsoft Office skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed
- Must be a team player
- Ability to learn procedures and systems quickly
What We Offer:
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.