PROACTIVE | ORGANIZED | FLEXIBLE
The Executive Assistant in Austin is a crucial role for the Executive Team. This EA will be responsible for providing day to day administrative support to members of the global Executive Team. This is an exciting opportunity within a newly created EA team to utilize your organizational skills in an ever-changing, fast-growing technology company.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. Even though we may look big on the outside, we're still a quirky, tight-knit crew behind the scenes. Open, down-to-earth, and fun, we work hard and crack each other up while doing so.
A Cloud Guru takes culture seriously. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity. Who we work with is as important as what we do.As an Executive Assistant at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Report to the Chief of Staff to support the CEO's Executive Office
- Support the Executive Team's day-to-day calendar strategy and management, travel coordination, and expense management
- Assist the Chief of Staff with the planning and logistics of activities including our monthly All Hands, monthly and quarterly planning sessions, annual strategic offsites, customer meetings, board meetings and more
- Assist with the review of all internal and external communications to ensure appropriate feedback and follow up is carried out under the direction of the Chief of Staff
We are looking for someone who can:
- Partner with the Chief of Staff on strategic initiatives including OKRs, internal communications, and organizational health and culture
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, while maintaining a sense of professionalism at all times
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Previous experience as an EA to a C-level executive, within a fast-paced global organization. Must understand the nuances and challenges of managing a globally dispersed Executive team
- Experience predicting executive needs and resolving time management issues to ensure goals are met
- Exceptional organizational skills coupled with impeccable attention to detail
- A strong sense of urgency with a bias towards action
- Ability to anticipate ever-changing needs and manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft, edit, and proofread emails and presentation materials
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as it relates to upcoming staffing changes, product development, and non-public information
- Quick learner with the ability to quickly pick up and adapt to new technology
- A positive outlook while interacting with all levels of employees, investors, and customers
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Remote first environment. Feel connected to your coworkers with events inspired by our values, weekly virtual happy hours, and lunchtime trivia.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.