Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
At Homeward, we are excited about our people. Every person has a voice, and we encourage sharing thoughts, ideas, suggestions. In this role, you are working closely with the senior and executive leadership team, members across every department, and our external investors. The ideal person will have a strong desire to communicate, organize, and juggle multiple tasks at once.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Ensure the executive calendars are optimized and meetings are prioritized effectively; this includes:
- Filtering and managing requests for internal & external commitments
- Resolving scheduling conflicts quickly; prioritizing issues to ensure an effective time management approach
- Proactively communicating scheduling needs and changes to relevant parties
- Working closely with Homeward leadership, other EAs, and senior executives at other firms
- Compile, prepare and edit related invitations, agenda items, and supporting documents to ensure the best use of time is made in all meetings
- Coordinate and schedule key in-person meetings and events (e.g., department onsites, leadership offsites, company-wide events); event planning is something that the right candidate should enjoy with a knack for the details!
- Take initiative to work independently and incorporate creative approaches to various projects; this role will flex into many parts of our business and the right candidate will be curious and enjoy learning
- Be responsible for other various meetings, processes, and procedures (e.g., setting the agenda and ensuring materials are ready for monthly department and company meetings)
- Be ready to jump in anywhere to provide project management, thought leadership, and execution support
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of executive assistant experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g., with a growing company, fast-paced consulting firm, etc.)
- Willingness to work flexible hours and be in the office (Austin) as needed
- Exceptional ability to multitask, prioritize conflicting demands, and meet deadlines with little direction
- Ability to maintain a flexible working attitude, while performing job duties in stressful situations or handling complex communication
- Must be able to professionally handle sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Trustworthy, team player & collaborative approach to work
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to learn and contribute
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.