Factoring Operations Manager at Billd
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:11 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 21, 2022
Billd is a fast-growing fintech company looking to disrupt a $1.4 trillion dollar industry. We offer industry-leading financial and technology products to empower our customers. We believe in championing the underdog because no one else does.
We're equally committed to the motivated professionals that make up the Billd family. We are proud to have been recognized as Austin's fastest-growing private company by Austin Business Journal, and one of the best to work for by Built In. As a rapidly growing company, there are numerous opportunities for internal growth and career development.
You will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career. We encourage creativity, initiative, collaboration, playfulness, and a strong work-life balance.
We call our beautiful campus, located in Austin, TX, home and have a hybrid work model that allows employees the flexibility to work from home one day per week.
You are talented, analytical, and highly driven to deliver results. You can make a difference in the future of small and medium construction companies, looking for a partner to fund their growth with your expertise and skills in factoring. You have a keen desire to build experience within a B2B lender that has an impressive growth trajectory. You are a natural investigator and have experience problem-solving. You are an all-star risk evaluator with excellent customer service and communication skills, who is passionate to make it work right.
What You'll Do
- Own and manage the day-to-day operations of Pay App Advance to ensure a smooth workflow and enhance efficiency, with a particular focus on both the due-diligence process for underwriting and routine interactions with new and existing clients.
- Evaluate and process applicant documents to identify discrepancies and protect Billd from potentially fraudulent activity
- Manage audits and risk analysis for Pay app advance operations
- Assist the business with critical decision-making as you build workflows, policies, and operating procedures to control risks and exposure.
- Maintain subject matter expertise pertaining to current market underwriting guidelines relating to each state, lien laws, as well as internal company guidelines
- Mentor risk and sales associates on deal processing and due diligence of pay app advance requests
- Collaborate with internal sales, risk, and operations team
- Drive key performance metrics such as fraud losses, false positives, and operational efficiency
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years in consumer or commercial underwriting roles
- Prior experience in factoring diligence and risk operations
- Strong understanding of finance, credit, and lending
- Comfort with ambiguous/unstructured fast-paced environment and a thirst for problem-solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description