Field Applications Scientist RUO (SW Territory) at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Field Applications Scientist provides scientific application support and training on ArcherDX/Invitae RUO products. This individual will support business development functions in the achievement of regional sales targets by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Provide high quality post-sales support by training and visiting customers, delivery of email support, and general follow up of customer’s inquiries and/or requests.
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of targeted sequencing methodologies for use in clinical based applications.
- Acquire and maintain scientific and competitive knowledge and market segment view for support of customers, sales and service. Keep up to date with the scientific community in regard to RUO assays currently on the market.
- Provide high quality pre-sales support by giving presentations and demonstrations on ArcherDX/Invitae RUO products. Participate in the organization and management of these events as required.
- Work effectively with Sales in regional accounts of responsibility.
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical inquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues.
- Help develop and maintain FAQs and Knowledge Base related to technical aspects of ArcherDX/Invitae RUO products
- Ensure that high value customer collaborations are effectively supported leading to Key Account adoption of the ArcherDX/Invitae RUO targeted sequencing technology
- Participate in trade shows as needed. Help find new sales prospects
- Provide technical support for customers, other FAS, marketing and sales personnel.
- Resolve customer escalations effectively.
- Must be able and willing to travel 50-75% to support customers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Located in the southwestern US.
- Laboratory experience to include expertise in basic techniques related to Next Generation Sequencing products with related instruments and applications background.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical.
- Customer facing experience in genomics/in vitro diagnostics in a sales or support role, 5 years minimum experience.
- Valid Driver’s License may be required.
- Drive and Determination
- Strong Molecular Biology Applications background
- Positive external and internal relationship-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven Ability to adapt in a change oriented environment
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand-holding
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Masters' degree or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Knowledge in cancer biology.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $85,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.