Field Construction Specialist at Amherst
Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
The Construction Specialist at our field branch locations is responsible for providing high-level support for all construction functions as deemed necessary by Construction Operations to support our construction staff locally, regionally, and nationwide.
Essential Functions (Include SFR)
- Vendor Scheduling – Contract Creation
- Assign & Close Out Clean & Secures (ysec) / Track & Enter Completion Information in Yardi / Create and Process Work Orders
- Budget Revision Creation/Approval – Contract Creation & Monitoring
- Special Damages / Special Vandalism - Contract Creation & Monitoring
- Contract Edits / Reassignments / Negative Revisions
- Review Tasks Follow up
- Inspection Scheduling – Pre-Purchases/Post Purchases/Special Bulk/Quick Inspects/Turnovers (if applicable)
- Job Management support for field operations (Contract/Job Completions)
- Managing Construction and Vendor scheduling
- Order Eagle View Roofing reports
- Roofing: Submit Change Request (if nec.), Estimate & Create Roofing Contracts
- Ordering Appliances / Closing Out Appliance Contracts / Servicing Appliance Orders
- HOA Violations / HOA processing / Complete Architectural Forms – HOA Applications
- Utility Work Orders as needed to expediate utility activations
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
Education and Experience Guidelines
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College Education or Associate Degrees not required but would be a plus.
- At least 1-2 years of construction administrative assistant experience.
- Intermediate computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office) – required.
- Ability to calm and diffuse escalated contractors/issues.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills.
- Ability to escalate difficult inquiries or problems to managers.
- Good communication and reading skills along with excellent organizational abilities.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal managerial guidance.
- A process-orientated method of thinking.
- Bilingual applicants (Spanish) are encouraged to apply
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment OR is a remote job from candidate’s own home office set up. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other business machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical Workdays are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel expected for this position would be very minimal including but not limited to initial training and potentially once a year meetings.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.