Final Mile Operations Specialist at Shipwell
Final Mile Operations Specialist
In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Monitor/Manage departmental KPIs/Metrics as determined by Department Head
- Navigate through the proprietary Shipwell platform, including: booking, rating, carrier assignment, track/trace, financial/rate updates, scheduling, excess insurance, document collection, exception management, etc.
- Carrier and (some) Customer communications regarding shipments concerns, delays, etc. to ensure customer satisfaction is reached
- Work in conjunction with Account Management team member(s) to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved
- Lead/Assist in managing any customer exceptions, including: claims, variances, OSD issues, etc.
- Lead/Assist in growing the department in areas, including: Compliance, Partner/Carrier Relationships, Integrations/Technology, Strategy, etc.
- Any other tasks determined by Department Head
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience
- A clear understanding of TMS systems/software
- A clear understanding of Final Mile processes, concepts, and agent networks
- A clear understanding of Less Than Truckload (LTL) processes, concepts, and carrier networks
- A clear understanding of freight market conditions and trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build customer and vendor relationships
- Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to be flexible in regards to big/small picture tasks
- Experience working with Excel, Word, GSuite, and MacBook products
- Hands on experience with carrier relationship management
- Strong problem solving skills
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.