Forensics Examiner at DISCO
We are seeking a customer-focused individual with strong technical skills to join DISCO’s growing Forensics Services team in Austin. In this role, you will consult with customers to conduct on-site and remote forensics collections, conducts In-Lab investigations, and manage data intake.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires sufficient technical skill to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose issues. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users, helping them meet their discovery deadlines.What You'll Do
- Conduct off-site forensic collections of digital evidence using best practices and approved software and hardware (travel required)
- Conduct remote and In-Lab forensic collections of digital evidence using best practices and approved software and hardware
- Provide skilled technical guidance and assistance to staff personnel involved in the investigation and litigation process to ensure precautions are taken to prevent spoliation of evidence
- Serve as technical consultant on Data Management and Digital Forensic methodology and concepts
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Data Management program and Digital Forensics Laboratory in configuring hardware and software and managing inventories
- Ensure evidence is stored and archived in a manner consistent to maintain preservation and protection of data and evidence
- Ensure all hardware and software is verified and validated in accordance with established guidelines and the Federal Rules of Evidence
- You have 3+ years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in digital forensic collections and investigations
- You have received a Bachelor's degree in digital forensics, computer science, or information technology
- You have hands-on experience using digital forensics software, including, but not limited to FTK, EnCase, Cellebrite, MacQuisition, and Axiom Forensic software
- Prior experience applying investigative and litigation support principles and methodologies
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a criminal background check
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legal tech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary, discretionary bonus, and equity
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Many high-profile clients offer a rewarding challenge for people who love to make clients happy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.