General Manager, Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you a motivated manager with strong general management skills? Do you thrive at managing and optimizing a P&L? If so, we have the job for you! This is an opportunity for someone to unlock the full potential of the business unit asset while benefiting from the mentorship of Aceable’s executive team. The General Manager (GM) is responsible for scaling and optimizing this near autonomously run sector of the business, while better leveraging the organization’s finance, marketing, and product prowess. The GM will work closely with the operational team, leading the strategic direction and major efforts that will drive accelerated growth and profitability.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be accountable for the business unit’s performance versus a mutually agreed upon strategy and budget
- Optimize the strategy and key initiatives to accelerate growth and profitability
- Work with FP&A on optimizing product strategy
- Work with Product and Marketing on optimizing exposure of the product to Aceable’s course takers as well as fostering programs to grow new prospects for the operation
- Lead efforts to optimize call center costs while maintaining a high standard of quality in alignment with the Aceable brand
- Manage a team of high caliber industry veterans, ensuring everyone is well-coordinated within Aceable as well as productive via managing people and procedures
- Review organizational process flows and expenses with an eye towards further improving efficiencies
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of management experience with demonstrated career progression
- 3+ years of P&L or other metric ownership with a track record of meeting or exceeding target commitments
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic direction and create prioritized roadmaps ruthlessly focused on what will drive the most value
- Track record of planning and executing against diverse operational activities
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present to senior level stakeholders
- Operational prowess, a growth mindset, and energy centered on continuous improvement
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed structure where success partially depends on peers not within the business unit
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description