Global Claims Manager at Expedia Group
Based in Austin, the Vrbo Global Claims Manager will report to the Sr. Risk Program Manager with the primary goal of crafting a world-class claims function. Are you detailed oriented and are passionate about processes? This role will ensure the effective and efficient management of all Vrbo claims and payouts to customers, with a focus on our Book with Confidence Program. Do you love improving processes? A key emphasis of the role will be to ensure claim audit and cost control as well as policy and process compliance and improvement. The expectation is that the role will focus on refining the existing operating model to ensure optimum efficiency.What You'll Do
Claim Operation Management
- Responsible for meeting service targets consistently with speed and accuracy for all Vrbo claims
- Lead the Global Claims Team (15 people) to resolve all customer claims queries, critical issues, high value claims and fraud detection within agreed service levels
- Ensure complaints are efficiently and effectively handled, taking appropriate action to address issues raised and introduce long-term improvements
- Enable Team Members to have the right level of capability, skills and knowledge to successfully achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and service targets
- Responsible for claims quality assessing and claims audit. Audit and review all aspects of the service including the verification of claims payments ensuring accuracy and efficiency
- Be on top of claims payout and ensure prompt escalation of any potential overspends
Policy and Processes
- Evaluate and develop existing processes, engaging with key stakeholders to ensure changes are sustainable and that we realise the benefits identified at the outset
- Understand and apply all legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and report any breaches when identified
- Aware of and apply all company policies and procedures to ensure service standards are met in accordance with SLA and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure procedures and policies are documented, and subject to version control and regular update.
- Work with Risk Analysts, Policy Manager, Training and Content and Operational Team Managers (Traveler Care Team,Trust and Safety, Escalation and Resolution team) to ensure all operational processes are optimized to reach the best possible outcome for both Vrbo and customers.
- Work closely with finance, product, product marketing and leadership to promote and recommend changes and initiatives that will support targets achievements and alignment with business needs
- 4-5 years' experience in risk management or claims/insurance management with significant experience in insurance/guarantee customer experience, project management and/or financial services industries
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, advanced certification in insurance, risk or project management a plus
- Significant knowledge of claims management and standard methodologies
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding target results in a similar environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong audit and data analysis skills
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and internal teams
- Project management experience including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives, project management certification a plus
- Consistent record of maintaining and meeting budget plan expectations
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills in English, other languages a plus
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.