Global Manager of Travel & Expense at Atlassian
Do you love all-the-things travel? Is sustainability something that is front of mind for you every day? Are you keen to help make global policies and processes more mature and scalable? Are transparency and roll-up-your-sleeves collaboration part of your DNA? If so, our TEAM encourages you to join us on our long-term journey.
Our Finance Team is made up of a diverse group of creative, passionate and collaborative Atlassians. We partner closely with other teams throughout the company on a daily basis to power the business and support Atlassian's customers around the world. There's an argument to be made that we are the most cross-functional group in the entire company (but shhh! don't tell anyone else).
In this role, you will report to the Head of Finance and Accounting Operations and will be the primary owner of Travel & Expense (T&E) for our global company of 7,000+ Atlassians. Beyond travel, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to our next-generation policies and processes - e.g., sustainability, systems enhancements, policy reviews, etc. - as we continue to grow around the world.
This is a customer-facing role, whereby your customer is any one of 7,000+ Atlassians. And as a distributed-first company, your communication skills are key at Atlassian - it's not enough to articulate the what but it's also important to explain the why . And so too is your ability to scale - you appreciate the mantra "work smarter, not harder" and will champion improvements to the growth and operations.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Manage and improve our global T&E Policy
- Ensure compliance with relevant company policies and controls
- Create and maintain T&E metrics, including driving system & process efficiencies
- Partner closely with our Sustainability Team to further Atlassian's science-based, net-zero emissions goals
- Collaborate with leadership teams to help scale face-to-face offsite / onsite operations
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years managing T&E at a global company
- Strong comfort with policy review and updates
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story using data to help influence key decisions
- Curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
It's great, but not required of you have:
- Hands-on experience with T&E management tools such as Egencia, Expensify and/or Concur
- A track record of achieving T&E sustainability goals
- Negotiated business-to-business (B2B) agreements with T&E suppliers (e.g., airlines, hotels, etc.)
- Driven an enterprise-wide systems transformation
More about our team
Today, the problems teams are solving have become increasingly complex, and the teams themselves increasingly distributed. At Atlassian, our products help those teams collaborate and improve how they work. We are a truly distributed team that uses our own tools to get our work done. And are always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently. You will be joining a talented and collaborative team with a stellar mix of industry and operational. We also take the Atlassian values to heart. We are growing rapidly and want you to join in our fast-paced, open and lively environment.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.