At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
- Manage and oversee the administration of global equity plans, including equity incentive plans and employee stock purchase plans
- Manage and oversee the administration of employee equity, including stock options, restricted stock units, and restricted stock purchases, ensuring that all transactions are accurately processed and settled in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the company’s transfer agent and brokers to ensure stock transactions are processed accurately and timely and accurately reported
- Maintain our equity management platform to oversee all participant equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, etc.) and ensure that they are correctly processed in a timely manner
- Process equity transactions in compliance with current US and international rules and regulations, including annual disclosures and equity-related filings (e.g. quarterly China SAFE, UK HMRC filing, Australia ESS), SOX controls and governing stock plan documents, ensuring the integrity of the stock administration system, interfacing with Payroll, Accounting, HR, Legal, brokers and transfer agent
- Reconcile equity activity on a monthly and quarterly basis, including shares outstanding and share reserves between company records, and third-party vendors like brokers and transfer agents (i.e. DWACs), transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Coordinate and partner with Legal on Section 16 Forms 3, 4, and 5, trades of restricted securities, and trades pursuant to 10b5-1 plans
- Coordinate and partner with Legal on the company’s insider trading policy, including blocking and allowing trades for individuals through E*TRADE
- Coordinate and partner with Legal and SEC Reporting to accurately and timely report equity ownership, plan information, and other compensation information needed for Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form S-8, and Proxy Statement filings with the SEC
- Manage SOX control process and review of procedures for equity-related matters
- Work with internal and external auditors and other internal stakeholders for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and SOX audits of procedures and controls as needed
- Communicate plan provisions to employees and resolve employee issues or concerns as appropriate
- Computershare - Issuer Online
- Equity Edge Online
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years in stock administration for a U.S. company with global equity plans preferred, or similar relevant experience, with both private and public companies
- Experience with various forms and filings with the SEC (Proxy Statement, including executive compensation and beneficial ownership tables, Section 16 filings, Form 10-Q and Form 10-K equity disclosure)
- Solid understanding of US federal and state taxation, and a general knowledge of global taxation of equity transactions
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.