Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
Homeward is growing rapidly. We are moving quickly to activate new partners, experiment with different growth strategies, and expand our business. This requires stellar critical thinkers to design strategic initiatives and execute them. Our growth operations team is responsible for standing up new growth strategies and owning big step changes that impact the way we generate revenue for Homeward. The Growth Operations Manager role will program manager projects with C-level visibility across our different revenue strategies.
In this role you will:
- Work in a project based way, focused on managing high priority near term growth initiatives for Homeward
- Develop executional strategy for revenue initiatives and own the outcomes
- Project manage a team of cross-functional stakeholders (i.e., Sales Operations, Marketing, Field Sales, and Finance) in a sprint like setting to execute against new revenue initiatives
- Wear many different hats as we build out the broader Growth and Revenue teams (e.g. Sales Operations, Partner Management, Financial Products)
- Interact and work on projects that touch multiple Senior Leadership Team members, including CEO and Chief Growth Officer
- Launch experiments and develop business case for different revenue strategies for Homeward
- Work with our growth analyst team to improve our tracking and analytics to make data driven decisions
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience navigating ambiguity at a high growth startup in a Strategy / Ops function or management consulting
- Self-starter attitude and comfort working in ambiguous environments
- Ability to run a workstream independently and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. product, marketing, engineering) to accomplish a goal
- Bias towards execution and effectiveness, keeping strategic goal as north star
- Experience driving forward work independently with some prioritization oversight
- Ability to get scrappy and dangerous with data to make informed decisions
- Working knowledge of utilizing CRMs as database, Salesforce/SQL experience is a plus
- Knowledge of real estate industry is a plus
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.