Guarantee Claim Specialist
To successfully support the company’s growth, Vrbo is seeking a hardworking Guarantee Claim Specialist.
Reports to Trust and Safety Management and closely works with operational teams and Global Risk Management, the role is to handle the day-to-day operations related to our guarantee products and reimbursement claims.What You'll Do:
- Be an expert on policies related to our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
- Make judgment calls on customer situations, and request additional information if needed.
- Reply to emails and other customer’s inquiries related to guarantee claims
- Review and audit reimbursement claims to detect any inaccurate, inconsistent, or incomplete elements or missing documentation.
- Manage customer concerns in partnership with management, legal and PR departments
- Approve claims based on monetary amounts.
- Serve as a contact point for our Insurance Partners verifying claims.
- Make phone calls to our payment and booking partners to gather information regarding claims.
- Contribute to reports and ideas to constantly improve our guarantee product and Provide ongoing insight into claim trends targeting Vrbo
- Experienced 2+ years in a customer service environment with an emphasis on email communication.
- Demonstrated at least 1+ years’ experience in claim management, knowledge of insurance, guarantee and chargeback claims is a requirement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual required (French, German, or Spanish)
- Expertise in conflict management and strong problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing demands.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products especially Excel
- Required workweek Sunday through Thursday
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.