Head of Brokerage – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Amherst is a proven leader in developing innovative investment solutions in the real estate capital markets. Underpinned by proprietary technology, robust analytics and a deep understanding of U.S. real estate markets, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Amherst has over 1,000 employees and continues to grow rapidly to capitalize on increasing industry opportunities.
Our Single Family Residential Equity strategy (Amherst Residential) has quickly scaled since its establishment in 2012 to own and operate 20,000+ homes in 30 markets across 21 states in a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. Across the SFR strategy, Amherst has raised almost $2.5bn in equity and arranged approximately $5.7bn in debt financing over the last five years and is currently investing more than $150mm a month in single family real estate assets. Amherst Residential combines national scale with local market expertise and on-the-ground execution.
The Role: Amherst acts as principal in many facets of the real estate market, buying and selling from our own balance sheet, lending and leasing our owned rental homes. This leader will consolidate all Amherst Residential consumer real estate sales and marketing teams into a cohesive full service brokerage division that expects to attract and acquire over 15,000 new lease clients and over 1,000 home buyers nationally in 2020. Curate a culture that thrives on sales and customer experience excellence that provides peace of mind to all those involved in transactions related to residential living. Implement tech-enabled processes, automation and workflow to ensure both sales and back-office functions are organized to drive growth, scale and execute on all transactions in a timely way.
Oversee expansion of the technology platform built to provide a virtually seamless purchase experience for our Bungalo brand, as the backbone of Amherst Brokerage. Provide a world class customer experience while maximizing returns across channels i.e. i. Sourcing (Buy from Consumer), ii. Selling (homes, mortgages and home related services) and iii. Leasing.
- Build a high-performance collaborative culture, and coach brokerage employees to take ownership and deliver exceptional, efficient performance across the division i.e. sales, marketing, customer support, product development, operations, finance, etc.
- Hire and developing the best talent to meet current commitments and future growth; maintain a bench of highly capable, diverse, and engaged talent.
- Design, implementation and governance of the customer journey across all sales segments, identifying opportunities to scale, automate and improve processes.
- Streamline and centralize functions where possible, while recognizing where dedicated resources and/or specific expertize is required.
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Define KPI’s and performance measures to align with financial and strategic plans.
- Implement assessments, reporting, training and incentives to achieve stretch sales, leasing and operational targets.
- Deploy best in class value-added products, including mortgage, warranty and post-sale services.
- Set direction and priorities re investment and functionality for brokerage product managers and technology squad to digitize the brokerage process and optimize the salesforce.com CRM both pre-and post-sale.
- Collect and assess data to identify enhancements and new opportunities for the brokerage division.
- Utilize dedicated demand generation and marketing resources to create memorable, provocative and engaging product campaigns, and develop targeted social media and customer attraction strategies to drive engagement with the platform in most cost effective way.
- Partner with the retail General Manager to position Bungalo as the premium brand and platform for both home purchasing and selling, and assist in identifying value added market partners.
- Elevate brand recognition, expand product offerings and increase customer engagement. Improve the Net Promoter Score and identify other metrics that complement NPS.
- Monitor competitors and their strategies to identify how to best promote and position Amherst product offerings.
- Min 15 years of experience in real estate brokerage including experience running in/outbound sales call centers and implementing sales operations processes.
- Successfully run or been a COO in a significant size brokerage. Has strong executive presence, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Built and led large teams as a player/coach. Able to translate business strategy into a compelling and inspiring “call to action” for team.
- Able to synthesize complex information, and convert strategy into an executable plan – including articulating the value proposition, building commitment and overcoming resistance.
- Experience automating manual processes and working closely with technology.
- Highly adept at successfully navigating, managing and communicating change and innovation.
- Experience in building organizations, rapidly scaling teams and implementing related infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and problem solve to meet deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment.
What We Offer:
This role will be based in Amherst’s brand new office space in the heart of downtown Austin.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.