Head of Community & User Engagement at Miro
We’re looking for a visionary and experienced Head of Community & User Engagement to deeply engage Miro’s 10+ million users.
At Miro, we believe that community is a core strategy for user engagement. By encouraging people to connect and share and learn together, we believe we can help every Miro user to better collaborate and thrive in today’s world of distributed work.
As the Head of Community & User Engagement, you will report directly to the CMO and be responsible for building and managing a wide variety of community programs including Miro’s own customer, partner, professional services, and channel communities. You’ll create a cohesive community vision for Miro and oversee execution of a wide variety of community programs to drive business outcomes for the company. You’ll build and lead a team that will source and amplify user generated content, host events, create content and videos, acquire ambassadors, and engage with partners all while ensuring ongoing high engagement and value for each community member.
This position requires excellent leadership, interpersonal, and project management skills. You must have a proven record of defining and moving projects from concept to completion and experience with piloting ideas and scaling what works. You must be a user-obsessed community builder with no task below you.
The Head of Community & User Engagement will work hand-in-hand with the Heads of Product, Growth, and Partnerships to offer our community an incredible experience on every level.What you’ll do
- Develop and implement an ambitious strategy to engage all Miro stakeholders through community.
- Be one of the faces & voices representing the Miro community.
- Recruit, empower, and mentor world class team.
- Own a wide range of ecosystem programs’ growth & success, constantly ideating on ways for us to scale to drive high value engagement.
- Be responsible for a wide variety of community initiatives: social, email, user groups, webinars, templates, forums, etc.
- Stay connected and empower our incredible community ambassadors with tools they need to succeed and grow with us.
- Discover and engage creators around the world to surface the best content on our platforms and build out our own hub for community creation and interaction.
- Monitor conversations and sentiment around Miro across the internet, surfacing sentiment, exceptional user-generated content, and feedback from both new and power users.
- Share insights and work cross-functionally with the team to influence product development, marketing campaigns, and more.
- Be obsessed with providing more value to the community. Constantly test new ideas & iterate on them, and measure goals to understand what programs we should invest in.
- Be a Miro power user & advocate.
- Attend and speak at online and in-person events around the world.
- 10+ years marketing experience and 5+ years of community experience.
- You've helped create a vibrant community for yourself or a company before. You come with a toolkit of tactics to do this again for us. You love connecting people and helping others when the opportunity arises.
- Experience working in a high growth company, with cross-functional teams.
- You know how to conduct experiments and manage critical metrics.
- You've created videos and hosted webinars for a company. You're charismatic and easy to understand on video.
- You're experienced with tools like Facebook Groups, Slack, Discord, and Telegram. You stay up to date with the latest tools that could help us foster stronger communities.
- You are comfortable with writing - from forum discussions to blog posts.
- You have interest or expertise in design. You possess creative convictions and a vision for the final result.
- You take a data driven approach to problem solving.
- Be a part of a hyper growth startup where career and development opportunities are endless
- Come onboard a rocketship for one of the fastest rising companies in tech
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Check out our career page for all our open roles or hop onto this Miro board to learn more about us!