Head of Customer Experience
Volusion, named “Best Place to Work” by Austin Business Journal (2018) and “Coolest Company” by Austin Inno (2018), is looking for a Head of Customer Experience to join our elite senior leadership team. Reporting to the COO, you will have a tremendous impact on the ongoing success of the company and become the front-line face to customer success. It’s truly an exciting time for Volusion, as we have rolled out new technology for thousands of our customers and are about to launch several major products and a new partner ecosystem to grow the $3.5B our merchants processed in 2018.
You will lead teams responsible for delivering amazing customer experiences, including support, help content, billing, retention and account management. This is a unique opportunity to lead a team situated at the intersection of product, marketing, engineering, sales and the broader strategic efforts at Volusion.
- Define and execute against a customer experience vision focused on increasing positive customer engagement, satisfaction, lifetime and retention.
- Hire and retain passionate and high-performing customer experience and support teams.
- Identify core metrics for customer experience success, processes to update and review those metrics as well as initiatives to test various impact and improvements across those core metrics.
- Automate repetitive work for customers and employees to reduce wait, handle or total resolution time.
- Create standard operating procedures and playbooks for areas that require direct customer interaction and resolution.
- Lead the charge to maintain and improve billing systems, processes, and reporting.
- Create and continuously improve coaching and training programs for customer experience, and become the leading ambassador for customer interaction training.
- Build and improve upon simple, effective and clear help-content (text, video, images) and customer-facing tools to increase self-service support interactions.
- Operate at a high level of emotional intelligence and customer empathy.
- Deliver amazing interactions, one customer at a time.
- 10+ years experience leading frontline, customer success, and/or overall support initiatives.
- Small-to-medium business (SMB) customer experience.
- Cloud SaaS experience and/or deep understanding with the ability to troubleshoot, scale and repeatedly create successful solutions for SMBs.
- Expert at cross-functional leadership, peer relationships as well as strong communication, verbal and written.
- Strong organization, planning and execution, with proven track record of success at meeting goals.
- Manage digital help footprint and knowledge bases (internal and external facing) across various product lines.
- Able to manage a budget effectively.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Breakfast Taco Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Taco Fridays
- Chair Massages
- Standing desk
- Team Sports and Team Outings