Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
The Head of Customer Support will be responsible for scaling our Support function and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You will establish and lead the execution of our overall customer support strategy, in addition to setting and holding quality support standards for the growing 24/7 support team.
- Design, hire and manage a highly effective and responsive 24/7 customer support team and build the infrastructure to support the operational model.
- Develop Wheel’s customer support strategy and processes to align with our next stage of growth.
- Establish a Tier 1-3 structure to serve multiple customer profiles, including clients, clinicians, patients, and pharmacies.
- Define metrics and develop insights that help measure performance, identify gaps, and create best-in-class customer care solutions for our customers.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with the team and consistently report out on progress to leadership.
- Provide customer feedback to cross-functional teams acting as the voice of the customer regarding issues, opportunities and enhancements.
- Maintain a strong internal resource library to enable and scale the customer support team.
- Administer and ensure the quality of our support technology stack.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive alignment and positive customer experience improvement through consistent feedback loops.
- 8+ years of Support experience working at a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 5+ years of people management experience Experience managing 24/7 support teams
- Strong proficiency with customer service software and tools, specifically ZenDesk
- Exceptional collaborator with all stakeholders including customers, cross-functional stakeholders, and senior leaders
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging, and crisis management
- Strong process improvement skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description