Levelset helps thousands of contractors secure over $3 billion in construction payments each month. Clunky document requirements and complex construction payment laws slows payment to 83 days on average. This locks up capital and causes cash pain for millions of contractors, 98% of which are SMBs that don’t always have access to traditional sources of capital. Levelset wants to break this cash crunch for small contractors by integrating capital products into our platform and finding new ways to underwrite using our unique data assets, backed by expertise in lien rights to secure payment.
We’re looking for an experienced executive to join our team to help build Levelset Capital into a suite of capital products embedded in our SaaS platform.
As the General Manager, Levelset Capital you will bring expertise and help us build the team and product in key areas:
- Underwriting & Credit. Help define the underwriting model and credit policy, integrating our vast construction data asset into a proprietary underwriting model that provides access to capital in new ways. Look for ways to pre-approve users and projects so that credit decisions happen automatically and capital can be accepted with a push of a button.
- Capital Products & Structure. Users add projects to Levelset at various stages of the construction process and various levels of distress. Segment the inventory of projects added to Levelset and create credit products to address those niches.
- Servicing & Collections. Help build our servicing product, backed by our expertise in securing lien rights and our Five Star Service.
What you Bring:
- Experience in underwriting and credit decisions, preferably in using proprietary data to supplement credit decisions
- Understanding of applicable regulations and how they might apply to our products (e.g. AML, KYC)
- Ability to build and manage an underwriting and financial operations team
- Agile mindset, ready to take risk risks, experiment, and learn
- Experience with engaging product and technologies teams
- Experience with small business lending or construction lending a plus
- Experience at a financial technology start-up a plus
Levelset’s mission is to empower contractors to always get what they earn. Levelset’s products help millions in the construction industry each year to make payment paperwork and compliance easier, get cash faster, monitor the risk on jobs and contractors, and better understand payment processes and rules. The results are faster payments, access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is over 180 employees strong.
We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems, with a mountain of opportunity for you.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.