Head of Private Brands
Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As a part of our Business Development team you are responsible for driving growth of Spreetail through sourcing and selling inventory through its entire life cycle.
As a Head of Private Brands, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall production and quality assurance of the private label program.
- Develop product specification standards that will be utilized across all suppliers and factories.
- Create product quality standards, testing procedures and benchmarking to ensure supplier compliance.
- Create and manage internal tollgate system to ensure product delivery, working cross-functionally with internal & external partners.
- Translate the visual brand language for products into actual product specs and work with industrial designers that meet cost targets and timelines for delivery.
- Conduct supplier and factory audits to maintain production controls and quality metrics.
- Lead product testing procedures and understand product regulations and legal requirements.
- Coach, mentor and develop a team of product, souring, and product development managers.
- Achieve production timeline and quality metrics.
You should have:
- 10+ years of product development of consumer goods.
- 8+ years of leading, mentoring and developing teams.
- International experience with sourcing and working with multiple companies of different sizes and experience.
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment