At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare’s Corporate Procurement Director or Senior Manager (title depends on experience) is responsible for leading the procurement function, aligning on strategy, enhancing and administrating our procurement processes and policies, as well as purchasing goods and services at optimal pricing. We are looking for a highly experienced professional with experience of managing the end-to-end procurement process and systems. Role will function as the internal point of contact for key business functions.
The key objective of this position is to continue building the optimal procurement process, enabling the efficient transaction flow, ensuring strict adherence to the procure-to-pay process and controls, leveraging the buying power while ensuring required service quality and supplier performance are maintained with a high degree of customer (internal business units) satisfaction.
The role reports to the Director of Finance. The Procurement Director / Senior Manager will be responsible for driving the end-to-end procurement activities, including:
- Lead the Corporate Procurement function
- Lead process strategy, technology platform, and performance reporting.
- Develop strategies to optimize spend
- Create metrics and KPI’s associated with spend management and to forecast pricing trends
- Oversee negotiations with suppliers for indirect spend including IT hardware/software, marketing, facilities, and travel
- Partner with business stakeholders to direct supplier management, contract negotiation strategy and compliance
- Streamline purchasing process creating efficiencies and providing flexibility
- Oversee change management activities ensuring scalability in a high-paced growth environment
- Provide expansive thought leadership and collaborate with cross-functional teams, enabling the Procurement department to meet overall corporate goals
- Lead cross-functionally to align and mature our procurement processes, tools, and reporting, with a focus on operational efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Continuous improvement of processes, systems and controls round vendor onboarding, including contracts and compliance review process
- Manage procurement-related activities
- Lead procurement administration efforts
In addition, the Procurement Senior Manager will play a key role in P2P systems (Coupa, IronClad). This position requires in-depth understanding of the process, process management, dedicated problem solving and customer relations.
- Minimum of 12-15+ years strategic management experience in procurement, with at least 5-7 years in a leadership position.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration or Supply Chain
- Proven leadership experience with deep understanding of best-in-class procurement business practices
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze how economic trends will impact business
- Experience establishing complex sourcing strategies and executing to plan
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience leading global teams and driving year over year cost savings across multiple spend categories
- Strong Analytical and Business skills: Able to get into the details as well as see the big picture
- Effective communication with global teams and senior management on process, cost saving trends, KPIs and actionable solutions. Track projects impacts and support teams to ensure timely implementation and expected results are met
- Highly collaborative by nature; transparent and open-minded
- Demonstrated “hands on” leader with an eagerness to contribute and deliver results
- An influencer and a problem solver, able to drive consensus across stakeholders
- Accountable and self-motivated individual with ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and limited information
- Results-driven, anticipative and forward thinking
- Influencing skills; business partnering expertise
- Proficiency in NetSuite and Coupa software is a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.