Head of Regional Marketplaces at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is the fastest-growing tech startup focused on empowering the skilled trades workforce. We're seeking a Head of Regional Marketplaces to build our future. We are looking to hire a leader of leaders. Your team will be in multiple locations including but not limited to Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, Orlando, South Florida, Tampa, Raleigh, Nashville, Denver, Cleveland, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Washington DC, Charlotte, Richmond, Virginia Beach, San Diego, Jacksonville, Baton Rouge and Kansas City.
In this role you will be a key player in the growth at Workrise, solving the industry’s toughest problems, all en route to building the largest and most qualified workforce. We’re looking for the next generation of 10xers, those that can think strategically, autonomously, and become future industry thought leaders. Sound like you? Keep reading...
In this role, you’ll be asked to get your hands dirty and build, break ground in new markets, leading General Managers in key markets, utilize advanced data models within your daily routine, and apply new methods to operating while making old habits obsolete. You’ll be asked to step outside of your comfort zone - to think critically across all areas of our business model - both customer-facing and internal operations.
Our team has great people from all over the US and beyond, from all sorts of industries and all walks of life. We highly value the different perspectives and unique ideas that diversity brings to our company, and consider it an absolute necessity for our future.What you’ll be doing:
- Launching new markets, spearheading go-to-market efforts, and driving results across stakeholders
- You will lead a business and be accountable for defining and leading the strategy for the team, on a multi-state basis including operations, sales, etc.
- Drive the growth and P&L for all our local marketplaces — with strategies developed against, increasing economic opportunity for our workforce, client satisfaction, and network effects
- Grow and manage high-performing teams to achieve OKRs
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. product, marketing, analytics, operations) and help align the goals and objectives of these teams to your market needs
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity and rapidly increasing growth and complexity
- A deep desire to empower the skilled trades workforce
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to go from zero to one
- Minimum of 8 years working in investment banking, management or strategy consulting, engineering, leading growth for high growth marketplace environments, or high paced startup / operational environments
- MBA is highly preferred + undergraduate education in finance, economics / econometrics, computer science, engineering, statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Comfort weighing competing interests, driving hard towards a data-driven outcome, all while maintaining a collaborative environment across the team
- The superpower to lead and inspire a team across a rapidly expanding marketplace
- Customer focused strategy with the ability to iterate on tactics related to optimizing CAC and LTV
- A propensity to take bold bets, and more importantly: the willingness to fail
- The ability to transform and improve the lives of our workers on a daily basis
- Working alongside talented peers that will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- High rewards commensurate with high performance
- Unlimited PTO and generous benefits including 401k with company matching
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!