Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
We’re looking for an experienced sales executive with a proven track record of growing high performance sales teams that deliver results based upon superior sales execution. You have a track record of not only crafting sales plans that mirror the company’s vision and expectations, but you have experience providing new ideas to help drive revenue and expand our footprint. The right candidate will be an experienced, data driven SaaS leader in a supply chain/TMS industry who can lead, scale and manage teams that sell a range of solutions in a large, successful and rapidly growing organization. You thrive on operational excellence, mentoring team members, building relationships, and are laser focused on preventing churn. To excel in this role, you must have a strong background and track record of collaboration, accountability, ownership and operational excellenceWhat you’ll do when you get here:
- Lead the vision, strategy, and execution of Shipwell Logistics division
- Collaborate with the executive team to organize and crystalize the various facets of Shipwell Logistics strategy, (technological, commercial, operational, talent, etc.)
- Ensure world-class service at a great price in the day-to-day team operations, ensuring that your team stays focused on the right goals at the right time
- Constantly improve the ROI of your team through process improvements, training, and partnership with your product / technology counterparts to optimize team actions
- Deep dive your team’s results to diagnose root causes of both success and failure, developing action plans for each
- Own and grow Shipwell Logistics P&L
- Develop innovative GTM approaches and offerings in partnership with Product teams based on business needs.
- Building strong advocacy with key internal partner teams such as Legal, Pricing, Finance and Product to accelerate deal velocity and growth.
- Experience setting short term and long term vision / strategy for your team or organization
- BA/BS degree. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of sales operations and business strategy experience in the transportation/supply chain industry (e.g. managing and building teams, demonstrated success in growing client revenue and customer satisfaction). Benefit if tech in transportation/supply chain.
- Experience working with high performing sales teams, including salespeople who’ve sold to Fortune 500 companies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and influencing decision-makers and key stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence; superior peer relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain internal relationships and build trust.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are a self starter; comfortable with defining goals, success factors, and key metrics for programs, and delivering against them.
- You have the demonstrated ability to be an inspirational leader, including building and maintaining strong team culture and morale.
- You have strong analytical abilities with a background in planning and managing through data.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc