Head of Workplace at DISCO
The People Team at DISCO is on a mission to foster a magical customer, employee, and candidate experience for anyone interacting with the organization. The Head of Workplace will design and scale our physical footprint in our expansion within the U.S. and internationally, while embracing “future of work” concepts for a hybrid workforce. This individual will manage our day-to-day facilities operations as well as drive the site selection process for our Austin-based HQ and regional London offices as well future footprints in NYC, Los Angeles, and Chicago.What You'll Do
- Designing and planning facilities layout and facilities buildout processes and renovations in multiple locations in order to meet space needs and resulting in a great employee experience.
- Orchestrating and executing DISCO’s return to office strategy.
- Managing workplace business partners/vendors and coordination of services, i.e., real estate brokers, security, maintenance and other amenities.
- Managing office managers in Austin, London, and future DISCO offices.
- Partner with multiple functions and teams, i.e., Sales, Operations, Marketing, Engineering and G&A establishing strong relationships and building workplace strategies that support their business objectives.
- Executes on budgeting and estimating costs.
- Develops and maintains a multi-year workplace operating expense forecast and capital plan for construction/design projects in coordination with long-term headcount and location forecasts from Finance and the People Team.
- Training staff on safety procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and laws.
- Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or Property Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication/negotiation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and laws.
- Ability to balance strategic plans with tactical requirements.
- Experienced manager of business partners/vendors.
- Knowledge of lease management, term negotiations, construction and design projects.
- Multitasking abilities.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be highly organized.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.