Hybrid Electric Field Service Technician at Hyliion
Hyliion is hiring field service technicians to join our fast-paced team. The Field Service Technician is a trained professional who performs field installation and maintenance of Hyliion’s Hybrid Powertrains. Technicians are responsible for the field operation, troubleshooting, repair, and client training of our Powertrains on class 8 trucks. The successful candidate adapts quickly within our fast-paced industry and will provide assistance and training to Hyliion-certified repair and installation facilities across North America. This position reports to the Field Service Manager.
- Produces detailed after-action service reports for customer repairs and maintenanc
- Follows the company's policies and procedures
- Meets installation and maintenance standards for Hyliion’s system components
- Works in extreme climates for long periods in dirty conditions
- Travels to and from customers to provide maintenance and repairs on the Hyliion system
- Manages, reports and restocks inventory that is used during service visits
- Operates the company owned automobile with safety
- Significant travel required (Up to 75% of the time, frequently requiring overnight stays)
- Works safely and follows all safety guidelines and protocols
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Automotive wiring
- Electric vehicle experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Technician must be able to think outside the box
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a professional environment and follow processes and procedures
- Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office for administrative tasks and a variety of applications for diagnostic work
- All other duties as assigned
- Time management
- Ability to deliver on a set deadline
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Valid passport or ability to acquire
- Must pass a drug test before hire and be subject to random quarterly tests within DOT guidelines
- Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist Certification
- Medium-Heavy Truck Certification
- Auto Maintenance and Light Repair Certification
- Alternate Fuels Certification
- Class A CDL
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 125 pounds
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to work in extreme climates for long periods
- Ability to drive and/or work up to 12 hours a day
- High tolerance for direct sunlight
- Tolerance for flying
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.