Hyliion is hiring electrical technicians to join our fast-paced team. Electrical technicians fabricate harnesses and other electrical sub-assemblies; install and maintain electric vehicle components on Class 8 trucks; build and maintain high voltage batteries and other power electronics. The successful candidate will also assemble and instrument components to be installed on Class 8 trucks. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, connections, relays, fuses, equipment, apparatuses, motors, and fixtures
- Diagnose and correct malfunctioning systems on electric vehicles using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of failure
- Install and maintain electric vehicle components
- Manage, report and restock inventory that is used during service visits
- Comply with installation and maintenance standards for Hyliion’s system components
- Travel is required up to 50% of the time
- Works safely and follows all safety guidelines and protocols
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Automotive wiring
- Electric vehicle experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience using Oscilloscope & DMM
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a professional environment and follow processes and procedures
- General soldering experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player with positive attitude who will do what it takes to get the job done
- Basic tool knowledge (i.e. can identify proper tools to do the job….crimpers, power tools, etc.)
- Can identify connectors for different applications
- Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office for administrative tasks and a variety of applications for diagnostic work
- High School diploma, GED
- 3+ years of experience in automotive electrical
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Valid passport or ability to acquire
- Must pass a drug test before hire and be subject to random quarterly tests within DOT guidelines
- ASE Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist Certification
- ASE Medium-Heavy Truck Certification
- Demonstrated ability to draw and annotate electrical layouts
- High Voltage training or experience
- Soldering certification
- Vocational training
- Forklift experience
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds
- Can work in small spaces inside of the truck to make connections.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: differentiate colors for identification of different circuits; preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Working with and around High Voltage systems and knowing to work safely to protect self and others.
- Shop temps can range from 50F – 100F
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office
- Periodic engineering communication and direction
- Safety guidelines and PPE requirements followed per Hyliion’s policy
- Follow specific organizational and cleanliness practices (5S)
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.