Information Security Team Lead - Governance at Elastic
Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have a real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We are looking for a Team Lead to join our Governance team in Information Security (InfoSec). The InfoSec team leads the strategy, policy, and programs for information security company-wide. Our responsibilities include risk management, implementing a holistic security program, driving compliance initiatives, recommending and implementing security controls, preventing and detecting security threats, and handling incident response. We do all of this in a globally distributed company, thinking differently about how to best achieve critical information security objectives.
- Are you passionate about helping an organization establish and maintain a strong security posture?
- Do you want to be in a role that significantly supports the overall success of the team and company?
This could be your dream job, and we'd love to meet you!
What you will be doing:
- Leading and maturing Elastic’s governance and compliance program
- Leading and managing a distributed team of high-performing InfoSec professionals
- Building a governance approach that is creative, relevant, and aligned with how we operate as an organization
- Striving for continuous improvement - continuously learning and challenging assumptions every day
What you've done:
- Been a people manager of Information Security professionals
- Led a company-wide compliance certification program in a native cloud environment; SOC2, ISO, HIPAA, PCI, FedRamp experience preferred
- Developed meaningful policies, standards, and controls in a single framework that were communicated in an approachable manner
- Educated teams, customers, auditors, and regulators on how an organization operates in a way each audience understands
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do