Hyliion is hiring install technicians to join our fast-paced team. Install technicians install and repair Hyliion’s Hybrid Powertrains on Class 8 trucks. Technicians perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis, service and repair of steering, suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, differentials, and electrical and air conditioning systems on Class 8 trucks. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Learn and assist with installing and repairing the Hyliion system on class 8 trucks
- Assist with axle swaps using appropriate tools and techniques
- Recognize, identify, and repair non-diesel specific related repair or maintenance items
- Manage, report and restock inventory that is used
- Complete advanced preventative maintenance inspections on class 8 trucks in compliance with specified safety procedures and DOT regulations
- Travel is required up to 50% of the time including weekends
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Automotive wiring & high voltage
- Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Work in a professional environment and follow processes and procedures
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines and protocols
- A team player with a positive attitude who will do what it takes to get the job done
- Capable of identifying fluids and following SDS fluid handling procedures
- Proper use of hand tools
- Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office for administrative tasks and a variety of applications for diagnostic work
- 3+ years of experience in heavy equipment and mechanical industry
- Knowledge of automotive wiring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Valid passport or ability to acquire
- Must pass a drug test before hire and be subject to random quarterly tests within DOT guidelines
- Diesel Mechanical Certification
- Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist Certification
- Medium-Heavy Truck Certification
- Auto Maintenance and Light Repair Certification
- Alternate Fuels Certification
- Class A CDL
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 125 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Correctable 20/20 Vision
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office
- Warehouse temps can range from 50F – 100F
- Periodic engineering communication and direction
- Safety guidelines and PPE requirements followed per Hyliion’s policy
- Follow specific organizational and cleanliness practices(5S)
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.