Insurance Customer Service Representative
Hearth Insurance Solutions (HIS) is an independent agency and sister company of Shogun Inc. and Hearth Financing (www.gethearth.com). The agency specializes in working within the contractor and construction industry to provide property and casualty solutions such as general liability, workers’ compensation, bonding, commercial auto and other related lines of business to current and prospective contractor and construction finance customers.
Our sister company, Shogun, is the fastest-growing fintech company specializing in the home improvement loan sector. Our first SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- offers contractors across the country an effective and highly competitive way to give their customers financing options for their home improvement projects.
About the Role
Are you a licensed insurance professional with an industrious, goal-oriented drive looking to accelerate your long-term career in insurance? Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding career where you can make a lasting impact on our customers and help build the company from the ground up? If so, we want to hear from you!
As the agency's first Insurance Customer Service Representative, you will work closely with the VP of Insurance to do exactly that! You will support Hearth’s insurance business by creating and preparing new quotes, handling policy changes and billing issues, and providing general administrative and post-sale support.
Build something amazing with us and join a rapidly growing company!
- Prepare insurance proposals and quotes.
- Work with the Insurance team to gather information for submitting applications and processing customer policies (obtaining signatures, initial premium payments, documentation, etc.)
- Respond to customer alerts for renewals, cancellations and other activities.
- Coordinate office services such as records control, customer reviews, incoming customer calls, etc.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records within our agency management system.
- Provide excellent customer service to all prospects, customers and referrals.
- Assist the insurance team with administrative support.
- Attend meetings and seminars to gain product knowledge and learn about new products and services.
- 4+ years of customer service experience in the insurance industry.
- Experience in the commercial insurance industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Possess an Active State of Texas General Lines Insurance License.
- Ability to work autonomous while maintaining focus.
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new skills and tasks and to multitask and work without close supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Professional insurance designations such as CISR and/or CIC.
- Bilingual (Spanish) communication is a plus.
- Experience with QQCatalyst and/or other Vertafore agency products.
- Experience working within the contractor and construction markets and with products such as workers’ compensation, general liability, commercial auto, contractor BOPs, inland marine, builder’s risk and other similar lines of business.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- Competitive pay.
- Growth opportunities as we continue to grow and scale.
- Generous PTO, plus paid company holidays.
- Medical, dental, and vision options.
- 401(k) package.
- Upbeat, casual and fun office environment and culture.
- Company sponsored events & happy hours.
- Pup-friendly office.
- Break room with endless snacks, coffee & drinks to keep you energized!
We are hiring for this position in our southeast Austin, Texas office.
More about Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.