Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an Inventory Control Specialist to our team. The ideal candidate has experience receiving materials, managing inventory counts, and maintaining accurate records of items in stock. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are extremely organized, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for tracking the movement of inventory, categorizing incoming materials, organizing stock, and developing inventory processes. You will be responsible for the accuracy of inventory and materials and must make sure that all items are properly identified and stored.
- Track movement of inventory, while maintaining accurate documentation
- Receive, stock, and document all materials. This includes the management of raw materials, components and finished products
- Regularly perform inventory counts and prepare reports for management.
- Coordinate with Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Engineering teams to stay informed of all expected inventory
- Manage integrity of data in our ERP system by identifying, documenting, and resolving discrepancies
- Develop and maintain detailed inventory of materials and supplies located in the company’s two locations
- Check out equipment and materials to engineers when needed
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive inventory-tracking process
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, and work for 9 hours per day
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of inventory control experience
- Great organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience using an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to present inventory reports to management
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working within the Aerospace industry
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly growing startup company
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.