IT Asset Manager at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to stop breaches. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral-based prevention and detection to stay ahead of adversaries and innovate in the field of cybersecurity. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. We have raised significant financing and received several accolades including:
- Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List; the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- CrowdStrike scored the highest in Gartner Critical Capabilities Report for forward leaning organizations.
- CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- Named Leader in Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites and Forrester Wave Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for an IT Asset Manager. The principal objective of the position is to assist in all aspects of the administrative, financial, capital and operations of the IT department portfolio of software and hardware assets.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, robust, fast-paced and challenging environment. Candidates should be interested in expanding their breadth of knowledge, constantly learning new technologies and processes, solving difficult problems, coming up with creative and unorthodox solutions and thinking well on their feet.
- Partners across the organization to define, document, refine and/or implement software license and subscription tracking methodologies.
- Perform internal vendor software application reconciliations to ensure licensing compliance.
- Lead the processes for inventory management to track software maintenance contracts and lifecycle status to proactively decide on renewals or terminations of contracts
- Assist in strategic Vendor Management
- Track and report on metrics to assess vendor performance and apply continuous improvements.
- Works with the Manager in providing performance feedback to vendors.
- Act as a liaison between vendors and the internal customer.
- Evaluate the total cost of ownership and the entire vendor relationship cycle.
- Identifies cost reduction and process improvement opportunities.
- Provides support in the execution of vendor negotiations.
- Participates in researching, installing and evaluating new software/hardware products and services for deployment to internal customers.
- Implementing, improving and documenting new and existing policies, procedures and processes for IT systems.
- Work with accounting & finance in accurately recording the acquisition and disposition of assets
- Assist in the preparation and approval process of operating and capital budgets.
- As appropriate by product provide monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of proven experience in asset management.
- Computer literacy sufficient to operate spreadsheet and word processing applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint).
- Ability to facilitate, implement, troubleshoot, problem solve and enhance the IT team’s support, systems and operational responsibilities by building strong vendor relationship.
- Communication: patience, tenacity and follow-through in tracking, troubleshooting and bringing to resolution any issues related to asset management.
- Strong task management skills: ability to prioritize, triage, resolve and escalate in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must speak fluent English
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
- This position comes in contact with executive management, vendors, etc. Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required.
- Extensive experience in contract negotiations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Management Information Systems or related fields
- Experience in multi-million dollar contract negotiations
- Strong passion for detail and process discipline.
- Master degree in a related field or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of software asset management experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Experience analyzing Total Cost of Ownership and project business cases.
- Experience with and/or understanding of Configuration Management (CMDB).
- Non-Technical skills:
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Communication & Leadership
- Relationship Building
- Creativity & Innovation
- Influence & Organizational Savvy
- Planning & Organizing
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.