IT Billing Applications Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The IT Billing Applications Manager is responsible for the IT systems that support all subscription billing at Cloudflare. The position combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth, hands-on technical expertise and deep expertise in subscription billing application, preferably goTransverse Tract system. This is a highly visible leadership role with senior level collaboration responsibilities with IT, Finance, Product, and Engineering.
What you'll do
- IT resource management including, interviewing, recruiting, scheduling, performance evaluation, performance management, and career management
- Work with business teams to establish priorities, standards, and operating procedures
- Document, Analyze business requirements and develop solutions employing technology as appropriate; ensure that the business requirements of the proposed solution are incorporated into design specifications
- Assist in assessing the impact of proposed solutions or enhancements to other systems or business areas.
- Coordinate development, testing, and implementation of system changes
- Collaboration with other teams on changes, fixes, and updates
- System incident triage for Production instance
- System maintenance, planning and execution for production and non-production instances
- System enhancement and Change management
- Manage delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised for billing
- Develop relevant metrics, measure and publish the performance of the services provided and enable continuous improvement activities in collaboration with peer groups
- IT demand and capacity planning
- End-user assessment through periodic 1:1 engagements to provide support and proactive service
- System status summarization and communication
- IT vendor analysis
- Negotiation and resolution of conflicting requirements across the vendors and/or departments
- Work closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, and selecting and implementing specific information technology which support the business plans and IT strategies
- Define procedures that are compliant with organizational policies
- Assist with the preparation of budget for IT systems and services related to area of responsibility
- Stay informed of new developments, and forecasts future trends in the areas of billing applications
- Maintain a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives
- Prepare analysis and or proposals for other enterprise departments when necessary
- Serve as an internal consultant to other IT management staff, and operations community as needed
- Coach, mentor and manage staff to implement, maintain and support all related software, configurations and workflows
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of applications; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: 6+ years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the interdependencies of functional departments and groups and the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs
- Knowledge and ability to direct a staff in integrating information technology services with the work requirements and deliverables of the unit
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines e.g., enterprise integration platforms, databases, software applications and interfaces, production operations, quality assurance and systems management
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management
- Knowledge of project management process and systems
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to handle confrontation with appropriate grace, professionalism, cordiality, and firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, and/or in writing
- Ability to apply sound judgment and make informed decisions
- Ability to develop programs and lead process improvement projects
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus with other departments and external vendors
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results
- Knowledge of new technologies and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
- Experience and/or deep technical knowledge of goTransverse Tract subscription billing
- Working knowledge of Dell Boomi
- Experience with payment processors e.g, Braintree, Adyen, PayPal
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.