IT Business Partner, GTM Systems at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare’s IT + Enterprise Engineering, Planning and Governance Team is a crucial pillar of the CIO Organization. It manages programs and initiatives across IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Systems, and Enterprise Engineering to enable Cloudflare internal teams to operate most efficiently. The team establishes end-to-end governance principles and frameworks, leads business partnering, drives program planning, execution and demand capacity management.What you'll do
We are seeking a IT Business Partner, GTM Systems Systems (Go to Market) to lead a variety of strategic systems initiatives within Cloudflare. The IT Business Partner, GTM Systems will serve as a “trusted advisor”, the strategic interface between Sales and IT & Enterprise Engineering with the focus on business technology strategy development, solutions discovery, risk and service management. The IT Business Partner, GTM Systems will be the main technology functional expert on the Market to Sell (MTS), Quote to Cash (QTC) Enterprise Process, having a holistic view of the end-to-end process from a systems of view. This means that while the role will primarily be a partner to the Go to Market team, it would also have to partner with other functions, like finance, and legal to ensure the overall enterprise process operates effectively and cohesively. The IT Business Partner, GTM Systems will proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. The candidate will partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria.
- Operates as the main point of contact for the Go to Market (GTM) team, representing IT and Enterprise Engineering in promoting enterprise systems, services and capabilities.
- Gathers business requirements and is able to translate to technical requirements across the Market to Sell (MTS), Quote to Cash (QTC) systems landscape.
- Provides consultation and support to sales departments and users and serves as the primary escalation path.
- Serves as the lead enabling the sales team to achieve their business objectives through the effective and efficient use of system technology.
- Responsible for the joint development and implementation of system solution portfolio and roadmaps.
- Jointly designs a long term vision of the MTS and QTC systems landscape, and facilitates decision making relating to trade-offs with and between systems in alignment with company goals.
- Ensures successful system introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to identify multi-year system requirements and successfully navigate knowledge across technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborates with the IT Planning and Governance team on the intake process and prioritization of projects across the company.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Engineering, IT, and operations teams to ensure solutions fit in the overall system architecture.
- Acts as the key liaison across all functional areas: Marketing Engineering, System Operations, cross-functional partners, IT and Enterprise Engineering, and external service and system partners.
- Jointly establishing business solution concepts and financial analysis.
- Leads sales system portfolio management from development to implementation, managing system roadmap roll-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Oversees the launch of solutions and drives the positive impact on the organization.
- Manages release issues, risks, deployment requests and change requests to a given release, including release readiness, milestone, and business go/no-go reviews.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with sales operations, services and business processes
- Customer first attitude.
- Complex knowledge and deep understanding of sales operations and go to market business processes.
- Experience in implementing technology to solve business problems.
- Business knowledge of sales functions and cycles.
- Experience with applications like Salesforce, GTM and Customer Success tools is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills from strategically minded to resourcefulness in working through and with others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences, and program manage multiple organizational interfaces and stakeholders.
- Independent self-starter with history of accountability of project timeline and results.
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to manage priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global fragmented environment.
- Highly organized and able to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.