IT Desk Side Support
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buyer with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
Description: The IT specialist installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to networks, personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides help desk style support and technical advice and support to system users throughout the company.
Areas of Ownership:
- Provides support to end-users on all technical, IT related issues.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises and for new hires.
- Moves, re-configures, upgrades and assists in generally maintaining technology utilized by end-users.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Implements team and individual end-user moves and build-outs as needed and requested.
- Tracks support requests and looks for ways to improve technology solutions to save expenses and streamline processes and reduce any downtime risks.
- Coordinates activities with network services and outside vendors supporting IT related requirements.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administers e-mail, Slack, anti-virus systems and other related software set-ups for end-users.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Profile:
- High school diploma.
- 2 years of relevant experience working in a Help Desk or User Support function.
- Excellent customer focus and previous success working with challenging customers in a similar setting
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while be sensitive to customer needs
- Associates Degree in IT or Computer Science preferred
- Experience with Active Directory roaming profiles, user administration, and Windows troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience with the Cisco Meraki product line a plus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency – able to manage complex personalities with tact and professionalism
- Ability to function under stressful situations.
Read Full Job Description