Compeat is a leading provider of SaaS fully-integrated technology solutions for the restaurant industry. We are growing exponentially, and are looking for phenomenal people to grow with us. We pride ourselves on our amazing people, top-notch technology, and a fun employee-focused corporate culture.
As the IT Director, you will be responsible for IT and DevOps at Compeat. The ideal candidate has experience moving an IT organization in the direction of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD). The role also includes ownership of network operations, security and compliance operations, systems administration in a blended cloud and local datacenter environment, infrastructure, and local help desk management. You should have a strong technical background with expertise in establishing, planning, and administering the overall policies and strategy for the information technology department. This position reports to the CTO.
People and Technical Leadership
- Guide the development of staff members, including setting objectives, coaching, delivering performance reviews and advising management on compensation
- Provides leadership and technical support for the purpose of designing, developing and maintaining an efficient, unified and fully integrated technology system.
- Communicate regularly with executive management on information technology
- Continually review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Develop best practices and written documentation for all areas of responsibility
- Drive establishment and compliance of project management guidelines and practices to ensure effective, efficient, high quality delivery that consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the business.
- Researches topics related to current and emerging technology (e.g. relevant policies, current practices, staffing requirements, financial resources, etc.) for the purpose of developing new programs/services, ensuring program compliance with established requirements, securing general information and/or responding to requests.
- Provide recommendations regarding new technologies that can support the mission and goals of the organization; conduct studies of projected
- Enable DevOps as a discipline, working with senior company leadership to empower development team success; facilitate the automation, documentation, streamlining, and efficient of development technologies and practices, enabling engineering teams to be more efficient and self-sufficient.
- Oversight of infrastructure within a blended environment comprised of Amazon Web Services and local data centers.
- Oversee management of servers and hardware
- Develop and maintain system standards
- Oversee backup operations
- Ensure best practices are implemented and revised, as needed, to maintain the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information stored on and accessed through the network (firewalls, user permissions and file rights, backup systems, account management, vulnerability testing, etc.)
- Manages compliance audits.
- Analyzes the needs of different departments and determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Work with team to enhance current technologies to improve client services
- Oversee the provisioning of the end-user services
- Manage hardware and software vendor relationships
- Responsible for monitoring internal SOC controls, working with organizational management to ensure ongoing adherence to internal controls (policies, procedures) and associated documentation. Work with executive leadership to evaluate internal controls, recommending and implementing changes as needed and ensuring departmental processes are adhered to accordingly.
- Conduct annual SSAE 16 Type 2 SOC 1 and Type 2 SOC 2 audits, engaging with an outside entity to ensure efficacy of all internal controls.
- Conduct ongoing security awareness training for all employees; responsible for developing curriculum, conducting training, and ensure all employees complete.
- Must be a learner. Always looking to improve themselves and the people around them
- Requires 8+ years of professional experience within the technology field with 5+ years’ experience managing people.
- Must have experience with data centers and cloud service providers such as AWS or Azure.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Can take lead on network security and SSAE 16 compliance audits.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Preparing financial budgets and presenting proposals for capital projects to senior executives.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to infrastructure, networks, develops, quality assurance and systems supports.
- Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be able to travel at least 20% between our offices based in Austin, Houston, and Petaluma, CA.